Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,501 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Big Nasty wrote: »
    From the Weather Forum:

FRIDAY NIGHT some heavy rain moving north across Wales and western England will edge into coastal areas near the east coast and eventually may bring 5 to 15 mm rain overnight to parts of north and central Leinster and east Ulster. Lows near 9 C. Staying dry further west with moderate northwest winds at times.

SATURDAY and SUNDAY will be somewhat improved with partly cloudy skies, moderate westerly winds and after any rain comes and goes on Saturday morning in the north and east, just a few scattered showers likely. Highs near 17 C.

could be a sup of rain around in the afternoon/evening

• Registered Users Posts: 10,433 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I don't like this … at all... :(

https://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Slane/

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 29,501 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

greenspurs wrote: »
    I don't like this … at all... :(

https://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Slane/

spotted that alright, bring the rain jackets, hopefully it wont be as bad as forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    spotted that alright, bring the rain jackets, hopefully it wont be as bad as forecast
    Yr has it significantly worse than anywhere else..
    So may not be that bad..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I got a carpark pass as a person with a Disability. Do I need to book a space through the app? As far as I recall, I was told in an email that they will have our names on a list when we get there......?

Edit: scrap that - it's answered in an email that I have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Yr has it significantly worse than anywhere else..
    So may not be that bad..

Dave Mustaine has hijacked Yr.no

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I use yr.no for work and I find it easily the best (along with windguru for wind direction/strength etc) of the weather apps.

However, who the **** really knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Cause I'm sure some of you are dying to know :p but my Metallica dress arrived from Boohoo and its basically a night dress :pac::pac:
    Feck it, I'll be cosy on the bus home!!

Was asked to come into work to volunteer for an event they're running on Saturday and had a very good "hahahaha noooooo, kinda busy" response. :o

All in all - super looking forward to this now!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Cause I'm sure some of you are dying to know :p but my Metallica dress arrived from Boohoo and its basically a night dress :pac::pac:

Was asked to come into work to volunteer for an event they're running on Saturday and had a very good "hahahaha noooooo, kinda busy" response. :o

I bought it too and oh my god I was in KNOTS laughing when I tried it on yesterday. What is with the sleeves?? It’s like a men’s 4XL T-shirt that they’re calling a dress!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

I was looking at ordering that dress :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Looking at Accuweather for the weekend. Saturday looks not too shabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Dublin Bus tickets are back on sale again now, until 5pm today

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Lads I'm having a nightmare with parking.

I booked it through the eventz app (awful) as directed. I made a hash of it though and put my email address in incorrectly. I only realised when I got no confirmation of booking off of them.

Do you need any proof of booking off of them when you arrive or do they just have your reg on a list?

To make matters worse a friend got told his booking was cancelled due to a technical fault and to rebook.

Tried to get an answer through their customer support but its worse than useless. 1 week and I've gotten 2 responses from them, both just looking to confirm details.

I've no idea if I have any parking =/.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Can you not just arrive & park as per previous years?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

First time at Slane so can't comment, but MCD press release said to book in advance.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Anyone booked with these guys for car park?
    http://castleparkslane.com/saturday.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Anyone know if you can upgrade to Gold Circle tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Anyone know if you can upgrade to Gold Circle tickets?

I've two there, offers on them? :D

I've two there, offers on them? :D

Only looking for an upgrade, already have a standing!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

I did but 1st time at Slane and know nothing about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

booked with them myself haven't been to Slane since the chilis in 2003 so presume things have changed

booked with them myself haven't been to Slane since the chilis in 2003 so presume things have changed

Same as yourself, not been since then. Getting into the buzz now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I've a mate trying to flog a pair of tickets for 150 Euro and he's been putting it out on Facebook the last three or four days now.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭adam240610

I've a mate trying to flog a pair of tickets for 150 Euro and he's been putting it out on Facebook the last three or four days now.

Go a bit lower, better getting 130 than nothing at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

adam240610 wrote: »
    Go a bit lower, better getting 130 than nothing at this stage

Was looking at Toutless, some tickets are going for as low as 40 and 50 Euro, wouldn't be surprised if you could pick up one outside the venue for 20 on the day.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Received from MCD regarding the Shortest Straw Package:

Hello,

We hope you're excited to see METALLICA at the Slane Castle on June 8th! Please review important details below regarding The 'Shortest Straw' Package.

SCHEDULE
    11:30 - 19:45: Check-In
    12:40: Early Access to the Golden Circle
    13:00: Doors to the Public
    17:45: Show Start
    All timing is approximate and subject to change.

CHECK-IN DETAILS
    Location: Enter through the BLUE ROUTE. Check-in will be located at the tent at the "Blue Entrance" on the north side of the venue [see map] Look for the PINK check-in flag (pictured).
    Hours: 11:30 - 19:45

Please make sure the purchaser brings valid photo ID.* Check-in is where you will pick up your poster and merchandise gift.

PLEASE NOTE: Merchandise not picked up on-site during the above check-in hours cannot be shipped after the event.

If you wish to take advantage of early entry please be sure to arrive no later than 12:40. If you arrive after 12:40 you will still be able to check-in and use the dedicated entrance, but will miss out on early field access.

REMINDER ABOUT YOUR TICKETS
    Please make sure to bring your tickets with you. If your ticket delivery method is set to will call, please pick up your tickets from the box office prior to checking in.

*Purchase this package for a friend? Forward him/her this email and provide them with the show tickets, a photocopy or digital copy of your ID, credit card used to purchase the package, and a note explaining who purchased the package.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

17.45 surely not right for show start time.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I bought it too and oh my god I was in KNOTS laughing when I tried it on yesterday. What is with the sleeves?? It’s like a men’s 4XL T-shirt that they’re calling a dress!
    We need pictures of these nighties :D

I''m camping with them. We booked it but will hand over the money on the day to the lads directing us to the campsite like we did for GnR according to the booking email.

There was an adjacent field at GnR that they used for cars that weren't camping - what do you want to know? The two times we drove we didn't pre-book and just got guided into a field by traffic cops on the day so not sure if it was ran by the people in your link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Will there be shuttle buses back to Navan after the gig?

Advertisement