Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

Weather looks to be sh1te unfortunately. How readily available are ponchos in and around the venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Jayesdiem wrote:
    Weather looks to be sh1te unfortunately. How readily available are ponchos in and around the venue?

Oh they ll clean up on these, maybe bring a rain jacket?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Jayesdiem wrote: »

15 quid for a Metallica poncho :P

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Show print for Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

https://www.instagram.com/evntzapp/

some shots of the stage going up and the dressing room

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

It doesn't look that bad IMO. Few showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭rob316

horgan_p wrote: »
    I wonder will the prices stay the same. I hope so.

30 euro is fairly reasonable for a t-shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Oh they ll clean up on these, maybe bring a rain jacket?

I always stick a thick long plastic bag that I can get my hands on, into my pocket .
    If it doesn't rain, I don't have to wear/mind a rain jacket... :)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

The weather looks fine?
    Couple of showers won’t be the end of the world
    It’s practically balmy for slane weather

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Did anyone on boards win the meet and greet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Elverys sell decent looking ponchos for €6

Are the band here yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

D.Q wrote: »
    Leaving for the campsite at about 6 this evening. There's nothing being done in work today. Cross checking every weather forecast in Europe instead.

Weather looks to have improved for tonight / tomorrow.
    Leaving work at 4:30 and up to Slane Farm.. hard to get motivated today.. "Oh your server is down? Can it wait?" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Elverys sell decent looking ponchos for €6

What about Dealz

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

What about Dealz

Can't attest to the quality but 2 for 1.50 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Tiger are selling them for 3 and 4 euro. Unfortunately the fun prints are for the kids ones only though.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

I bought tickets for Dublin Bus, but it says they are box office collection? What does that mean? I need to show the confirmation or the credit card I used to book?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭RichCRX

Anyone know where exactly the red car park is located on the Navan road and how to book it? I downloaded that Evntz App as suggested, but I don't see that car park listed to book.

Also, I assume that to get to the unofficial castlepark slane parking, you would need to be getting there before 10am, before they close a part of the Navan road into Slane?

It all seems a bit vague and no one wants to answer emails....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Who says nobody thought of it :) what's the craic with getting caught bringing drink in do they just take it off of you and let you in or are you out the gap?
    just take it off you, never heard of anybody thrown out for smuggling booze or caught drinking smuggled booze. This is why it is worth the risk, as the price difference is huge. ~25years ago cheapest cans were about £1 (€1.27) which was a lot to be losing relative to the price of a ticket, and pints were not 6-7 times that price inside.

I would take in premixed vodka & apple juice or lemon as it is something I can tolerate drinking when warm. Less liquid in the system means less toilet trips too.
    What about Dealz
    I have got 3 for 1.50 in dealz before, incredibly flimsy yokes but worked as a one off, they can fit in your pocket easily too. I have one from either lidl or aldi and it is much better but more like a thin jacket when rolled up, I think it sort of zips into itself and can be worn like a belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

I contacted them myself and advised I would be arriving closer to 1pm on Saturday and they sent me a map with directions on how to approach the campsite from the Wilkinstown side.

So I'm now assuming it will be ok.

Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I went with Slane park in the end even.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Us veggies getting our tshirts ready :D

BalpmE8l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ghost have had the same set list every night on this tour so far I think with no encore. They play for around an hour. There’s no reason to believe it’ll be any different tomorrow.

Sadly Roky Eriksen died since their last show perhaps they'll drop that?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

rubadub wrote: »
    just take it off you, never heard of anybody thrown out for smuggling booze or caught drinking smuggled booze. This is why it is worth the risk, as the price difference is huge. ~25years ago cheapest cans were about £1 (€1.27) which was a lot to be losing relative to the price of a ticket, and pints were not 6-7 times that price inside.

I would take in premixed vodka & apple juice or lemon as it is something I can tolerate drinking when warm. Less liquid in the system means less toilet trips too.

I have got 3 for 1.50 in dealz before, incredibly flimsy yokes but worked as a one off, they can fit in your pocket easily too. I have one from either lidl or aldi and it is much better but more like a thin jacket when rolled up, I think it sort of zips into itself and can be worn like a belt.

On this, do they pat you down going in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Post up your fave Metallica live performances folks

��

getting hyped for this now , zero work getting done this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

RichCRX wrote: »
    Anyone know where exactly the red car park is located on the Navan road and how to book it? I downloaded that Evntz App as suggested, but I don't see that car park listed to book.

Also, I assume that to get to the unofficial castlepark slane parking, you would need to be getting there before 10am, before they close a part of the Navan road into Slane?

It all seems a bit vague and no one wants to answer emails....

Think this is the one you're looking for
    http://castleparkslane.com/saturday.html

I know it's so unlikely but Blackened would be such a treat

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Would love blackened so much, battery too. Would love sanitarium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Yr.no is now showing dry weather for those camping tonight woohoo. It was showing a bit of rain most of the night. Party gonna start this evening

And just a few minor showers tomorrow. Delighted with that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

D.Q wrote: »
    I know it's so unlikely but Blackened would be such a treat

They have played it some of the time for the encore. funking for it hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭rob316

is the camping sold out lads? I thought I booked for me and the 2 buddies but I only did for 1 :eek:
    Tried ringing and emails are bouncing back.

Advertisement