Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

SlaneAccess.jpg

It's a long time since I've been to slane. I'm coming on a bus from Drogheda, so that goes to the pink carpark? (or is it blue because that says bus park?)

I've to go to the ticketmaster beside the red taxi drop off point for the snake pit passes, and then back to the blue entrance for my actual tickets.

would that be a ~one hour round trip walking?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

It's a long time since I've been to slane. I'm coming on a bus from Drogheda, so that goes to the pink carpark? (or is it blue because that says bus park?)

I've to go to the ticketmaster beside the red taxi drop off point for the snake pit passes, and then back to the blue entrance for my actual tickets.

Would I be right in thinking that's a ~one hour round trip walking?

If you send me over the details for the snake pit, I'll pick them up for you.

I'll meet you over by the blue entrance then.

promise.

D.Q wrote: »
    If you send me over the details for the snake pit, I'll pick them up for you.

I'll meet you over by the blue entrance then.

promise.

Sure pick up the shortest straw too and I'll meet you off the bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭RichCRX

Think this is the one you're looking for
    http://castleparkslane.com/saturday.html

Yeah that's not the official car parking though, that's the unofficial one, and the one which I don't know whether there'll be access to it or not after Gardai close the roads to Slane at 10am. I'm assuming there won't be, but be nice if they could let people know that for definite!:rolleyes:

Thanks for reply all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

would that be a ~one hour round trip walking?
    err... 40 mins or so, maybe a little longer depending on how far out the Drogheda road you have to walk from.

• Advertisement

Sure pick up the shortest straw too and I'll meet you off the bus!

That's what Cliff said :(

Scotty # wrote: »
    err... 40 mins or so, maybe a little longer depending on how far out the Drogheda road you have to walk from.

Thanks. Jesus it's like a little poker forum reunion in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cadet123

Anyone know what the car parks are like, I've never been before so just wondering if it's a big field that my tiny car will get stuck in or if it's tarmac ?

Very Mucky fields I'm afraid.

They have a tractor on hand to pull people that get stuck. if that's any consolation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

D.Q wrote:
    Very Mucky fields I'm afraid.

D.Q wrote:
    They have a tractor on hand to pull people that get stuck. if that's any consolation.

It's definitely an advantage being from a rural area to know how to drive in a wet field. Camped for the foo fighters one year and the Sunday morning getting out was a nightmare for some people. Don't over rev folks, that's why loads of people got stuck.

I got out handy enough after walking infront and checking the ground first. I did have the advantage of seeing it in daylight though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I see Castle Park Camping won't allow any glass to be brought onto their site.
    For safety reasons you are not allowed to bring glass bottles into either the campsite or carpark. Alcohol must be decanted into stainless steel bottles or reusable plastic bottles. Any glass items, except for small make-up items and perfume/aftershave will not be permitted into the campsite or carpark.

Was never an issue any other year.

What are we supposed to do, bring Whiskey in a jar?

Sorry.

will there be searches on the way into the campsite?

No idea, it's from their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/castleparkslane/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Yep. It's all outlined in emails from the promoters

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Friend doesn't have bus ticket yet, how would they get down there in the morning? Anyway way by train or bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Friend doesn't have bus ticket yet, how would they get down there in the morning? Anyway way by train or bus?

They may start walking.
    Where are they coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Not going into Slane Farm at GnR.

Just drive car to gate , hand over camping passes and drive in..
    No search.

There are searches at the gate as you exit to go down to that Castle on sat.
    Patdowns, not too rigourous (I got cans through in my jocks), But the searches entering the gig site itself are very thorough..

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Limited number of Dublin Bus Tickets are back on sale:

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/return-bus-ticket-to-slane-dublin-08-06-2019/event/180056AE91902EE9

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

2 Golden Circle tickets still left if anybody still needs?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

They may start walking.
    Where are they coming from?
    Dublin sorry, too used to assuming!

Thanks!

• Advertisement

greenspurs wrote: »
    Not going into Slane Farm at GnR.

Just drive car to gate , hand over camping passes and drive in..
    No search.

There are searches at the gate as you exit to go down to that Castle on sat.
    Patdowns, not too rigourous (I got cans through in my jocks), But the searches entering the gig site itself are very thorough..

Sandwich bags in the jocks hasn't failed me yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

2 Golden Circle tickets still left if anybody still needs?

How much ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭vinniem

One general area standing ticket available for sale, pm me if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kate2293

Is the zone A thing still an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aj89

Not a tap being doing in the office today.

Over to Dunnes on my lunch for the cans, load the car, then leave the office at about 16:45. I'm expecting the 50min drive to take about 1hr 30 at that hour though....

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭boccers

Sandwich bags in the jocks hasn't failed me yet.

Double wrapped? Triple wrapped?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭XsApollo

So people is Zone A gone?
    I’m picking up 2 tickets in a minute with A e99.50 price on them.

Are they Zone A or the other standing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    Weather looks to be sh1te unfortunately. How readily available are ponchos in and around the venue?

Few showers? Grand.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

XsApollo wrote: »
    So people is Zone A gone?
    I’m picking up 2 tickets in a minute with A e99.50 price on them.

Are they Zone A or the other standing

99.50 was for the general standing area AFAIR.

• Advertisement

Dublin sorry, too used to assuming!

Thanks!

If those bus tickets are gone they could look at getting the train to Drogheda and getting a shuttle bus from there.

Advertisement