Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭XsApollo

99.50 was for the general standing area AFAIR.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

boccers wrote: »
    Double wrapped? Triple wrapped?

triple wrapped. Even if one fails, the 2nd and third surely won't.

A similar safety system to the titanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

greenspurs wrote: »
    How much ?

Face value was 160 each, but accepting offers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭krusty411

Drainage isn't great

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

krusty411 wrote: »
    Drainage isn't great

Jesus. Doesn't look good. That's near the stage though right? That ground area will be covered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭krusty411

Jesus. Doesn't look good. That's near the stage though right? That ground area will be covered?

I don't recall them ever covering the ground in front of the stage before, it's not a football pitch so the grass doesn't need protecting

yeah that's within the Gold Circle so will be covered by hard ground.

I never really thought about it but that's probably why the pit areas are always covered. Proximity to the stage means the ground will be most torn up by the trucks and stage assembly?

I don't recall them ever covering the ground in front of the stage before, it's not a football pitch so the grass doesn't need protecting

GnR was covered iirc.

Drainage isn't great

If that's from today (which I doubt) they better get the finger out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Splashed out and upgraded to Golden Circle.

This is going to be a special show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

D.Q wrote: »
    GnR was covered iirc.

It would only have been covered at the front in the pit area

We were to left of the stage and definitely wasnt covered where we were

psychozeb wrote: »
    Show print for Slane

Thats ****ing sexy,
    Will they be on the website I wonder.
    Dont fancy my chances of carrying one for the day.

If that's from today (which I doubt) they better get the finger out!!

User name checks out :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Seems to be covered in the other non-stadiums. I *think* the whole pit is usually covered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhAsGokFecU&t=99s
    Thats ****ing sexy,
    Will they be on the website I wonder.
    Dont fancy my chances of carrying one for the day.

Yeah they are if they have any left, usually do.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

In case anyone missed it earlier in the thread, you can get ponchos for a quid in that Flying Tiger place. They also have other ones for 3 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

yeah that's within the Gold Circle so will be covered by hard ground.

I never really thought about it but that's probably why the pit areas are always covered. Proximity to the stage means the ground will be most torn up by the trucks and stage assembly?

At GnR (2017, can't remember '92) most of the ground in the GC was covered.

Thank God the days of this kind of madness are over anyway:

Freddie at one point had to tell people to stop pushing (title says fighting but I'd say it was just shoving).

Springsteen came seconds away from pulling the show midday way through also as he felt people were going to be killed.

I think overall people are a little more civilized these days though compared to back then and GC helps for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JimBobPunk

So weather is prob gonna be **** but I dont want to be wearing my wellies on the bus up, think they would allow backpacks in with just water proof stuff in them? I know in the safety video released they mentioned they understand people will be bringing a change of clothes and that bags will be checked but it says no backpacks allowed on the site.

There was no pit area then was there? Scary stuff really. Too many people all pushing one direction, on a hill.

JimBobPunk wrote: »
    So weather is prob gonna be **** but I dont want to be wearing my wellies on the bus up, think they would allow backpacks in with just water proof stuff in them? I know in the safety video released they mentioned they understand people will be bringing a change of clothes and that bags will be checked but it says no backpacks allowed on the site.

no back packs bigger than a3 allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

no back packs bigger than a3 allowed.

This rule is bonkers, even on a day with good weather Slane is still in the middle of ****ing nowhere and not allowing anything bigger than A3, which is a ridiculous thing to measure size of a bag against btw, makes no sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

VinLieger wrote: »
    This rule is bonkers, even on a day with good weather Slane is still in the middle of ****ing nowhere and not allowing anything bigger than A3, which is a ridiculous thing to measure size of a bag against btw, makes no sense

a3 is quite big though right?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

mimimcmc wrote: »

Is it? yeah when you measure height + width but what if they start arbitrarily saying bags are then too deep, which considering average concert security they absolutely will do.

Also slane castles website says no backpacks AT ALL, regardless of size https://www.slanecastle.ie/concerts/faqs/

So messaging is super confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

mimimcmc wrote: »

About the size of a boot bag,287x420 mm. It is small enough

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Exit light... enter pint.. take my hand.. were off to hangover land.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Exit light... enter pint.. take my hand.. were off to hangover land.

I can't remember anything, can't tell if this is true or dream

Nothing is real but pain now, hold my breath as I wish for deathhhhhhhhhhh

Some of their lyrics will really suit the day after :D

Its an absolute joke. The different messages on bags:

a3,
    a4 (this is literally only suitable to measure ****ing paper btw)
    at the press conference thing they said they "appreciate people need bags to cater for all the weather"
    Slane emails say no bags at all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

There was no pit area then was there? Scary stuff really. Too many people all pushing one direction, on a hill.

No, no pit back then.

In the news clip they say there was 80,000 at Queen but these were the days were counterfeit tickets were plentiful for big gigs like that. Look at the clip from 3:12s as it pans back and there is no way that was just 80,000. I'd suggest there was upwards of 100,000 easy.

Anyways, here's a little of Bruce speaking about Slane from his autobiography:
    Bruce Springsteen feared fans might be seriously injured at his 1985 Slane Castle concert, the rock icon has revealed in his new autobiography.

“I thought somebody was going to get killed and it’d be my fault. The crowd closest to the stage… were deeply into their Guinness and dangerously swaying from left to right.

“They were opening up gaping holes amongst themselves as audience members by the dozens fell to the muddy ground, vanishing for unbearable seconds until righted once again by their neighbours.

“Then, once standing, they’d slosh back the other way and the whole interminable, nerve-grinding exercise would be repeated again, ad infinitum. It was a sight too hairy for my tender eyes.”

"Fans were pouring, red faced, soaked in booze and heat exhaustion, over the front barriers to be taken to the medical tent or to flank the crowd, throw themselves back in and take another crack at it.

“At stage left stood my wife; this was our first trip together as a married couple, and I felt like I was going to come apart before her eyes. I was singing, I was playing, I was thinking .... I can’t stand up here and sing these songs, not these songs, while putting people in a situation where they could be grievously injured.

"I kept singing, I kept playing, but I was in a pure rage and simmering panic. Okay, Mr Big Time, how’d you get here?

Springsteen said he was seething when they broke for intermission, and when his manager, Jon Landau joined him in his trailer at the interval, in the middle of the biggest concert of his life, they had a highly charged debate about cancelling the entire tour.

“I could not face what was happening in front of the stage at Slane on a nightly basis. It was irresponsible and violated the protective instinct for my audience I prided myself on.

“The crowd settled during the second half of the Slane show and I observed there was a sketchy but ritual orderliness to what appeared from the stage to be pure chaos. The crowd protected one another. If you fell, the nearest person to your left or right reached down, grabbed an arm and pulled you upright.”

“To them it was just a beautiful day with a rocking band. In the end, Slane joined a rising number of other performances to attain a “legendary” status, and, despite my distraction, turned out to be a solid show. If you were there, you were there. I was certainly there.”

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

Is there an off licence in Slane village does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Whats the story with having a few pints or cans before going in the entrance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Just seen those pics of the slane being setup. Here's a pic facing back up the crowd from at Foo fighters, all hoarding appears normal. Seating area is the VIP section.

Advertisement