Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Is there an off licence in Slane village does anyone know?

No offie.

Didnt notice last year because I got in late......but usually have something set up at some of the shops or bars, however they sell out early. Shop on the hill coming from drogheda usually has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭bladespin

Is there an off licence in Slane village does anyone know?

The pubs and shops will have Off sales but usually on concert days so I'd go shopping tonight.
    Sirsok wrote: »
    Whats the story with having a few pints or cans before going in the entrance?

No problem getting in as long as you can walk properly lol, seen a few last year who might have started a little too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

anyone up camping yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭arsebiscuits82

Yip!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

D.Q wrote: »
    anyone up camping yet?

I will be in the next thirty minutes in slane farm. Hopefully the ground isnt too wet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

SQ2 wrote: »
    Just seen those pics of the slane being setup. Here's a pic facing back up the crowd from at Foo fighters, all hoarding appears normal. Seating area is the VIP section.

Where? :confused:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hi All,

This Post has been Kindly been approved by the Mods of the forum.

In a nutshell I have a single general entry Ticket going spare that I am going to raffle off. Myself and some mates are doing hell and back next week for SOS Ireland. If you could leave any kind of a small donation and like this post i'll pick someone at Random and you can have the ticket for tomorrow.

Say i'll do the draw at 11pm tonight and PM the winner looking for your email address so I can send you the ticket.

Link to go fund me page below.

https://www.gofundme.com/hell-amp-back-for-sos-ireland

If we have no takers/people who take part ticket can go to first come first serve @ 11pm

Thanks, really appreciate any help. Good cause etc.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

god i cant wait for tomorrow, hopefully Ireland beat Lar's preious Denmark tonight to really start the weekend off on a high

not looking forward too the prices around the venue for everything. Ill be heading early id say

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

On the way, I don't know you the dubs deal with the M50, fecking carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭dasdog

I will be in the next thirty minutes in slane farm. Hopefully the ground isnt too wet.

Likewise. Coach was full from Dublin so going via Drogheda. Ice and beers and cider and food sorted now because of the detour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Ah man the FOMO is getting to me now! Had thought to maybe pick up a cheap ticket but couldn't get anyone from home to tag along with me. Slane is a fair trek from my side of the country.

I have loads of gigs coming this year so I think I'll officially leave it, have decided to go to the GF's nieces communion tomorrow, how rock and roll!!

Anyways enjoy all tomorrow, hope the weather holds up ok for everyone. I'm just going to spend the evening YouTubeing Metallica live sets just to depress me that little bit more!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

endainoz wrote:
    I have loads of gigs coming this year so I think I'll officially leave it, have decided to go to the GF's nieces communion tomorrow, how rock and roll!!

Fcuk that bull****, get the fcuk up and go

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Where? :confused:

Sorry, pic was over size limit and didn't realize it posted the text!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭arsebiscuits82

endainoz wrote: »
    Ah man the FOMO is getting to me now! Had thought to maybe pick up a cheap ticket but couldn't get anyone from home to tag along with me. Slane is a fair trek from my side of the country.

Anyways enjoy all tomorrow, hope the weather holds up ok for everyone. I'm just going to spend the evening YouTubeing Metallica live sets just to depress me that little bit more!

I'm here on my own, couldn't care less can't wait for the gig!!

Setup in slane farm. Good meath ground haha. Massive crowd here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

What's the toilet and food setup like at the camping?

The right attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

Any sign of a soundcheck today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Snap pal, no way I was missing this. Heres to a great day tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Snap pal, no way I was missing this. Heres to a great day tomorrow

I'll be heading on my own too,if I was to depend on other people to go to gigs I'd see nobody,Maiden in Toronto next for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Anyone know if you are arriving at Slane Farm camping if you can get in with a car after 8 Saturday morning?They are officially saying arrive by 8, but Garda site says roads closing at 10, and I’ve seen somebody post to say that one of the roads to the campsite is open all day...and you can drive to it in a roundabout way.
    Camped there two years ago and it was 10 they had us arrive by.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Nekro Man wrote: »
    Any sign of a soundcheck today?

Don't think the band souncheck any more, all done by crew, such a finely tuned machine by now and Big Mick is a legend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

ziedth wrote: »
    Hi All,

This Post has been Kindly been approved by the Mods of the forum.

In a nutshell I have a single general entry Ticket going spare that I am going to raffle off. Myself and some mates are doing hell and back next week for SOS Ireland. If you could leave any kind of a small donation and like this post i'll pick someone at Random and you can have the ticket for tomorrow.

Say i'll do the draw at 11pm tonight and PM the winner looking for your email address so I can send you the ticket.

Link to go fund me page below.

https://www.gofundme.com/hell-amp-back-for-sos-ireland

If we have no takers/people who take part ticket can go to first come first serve @ 11pm

Thanks, really appreciate any help. Good cause etc.

Matt

Shameless bumb from the previous page.

Link to the post below;

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110378934&postcount=2200

€5 Donation to a good cause, like the post and you can give your ticket to a buddy.

Only time I bump I promise, I'll actually make it 10pm draw so it doesn't go too late to contact the winner.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,651 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

scudzilla wrote: »
    Don't think the band souncheck any more, all done by crew, such a finely tuned machine by now and Big Mick is a legend

Supposedly in Olympia right now rehearsing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Supposedly in Olympia right now rehearsing

Radio Nova reported a load of blacked out cars leaving the Merrion Hotel earlier.

D.Q wrote: »
    What's the toilet and food setup like at the camping?

Decent toilets and one large food van near them

How decent they remain after a truck of cider...

YellowLead wrote: »
    Anyone know if you are arriving at Slane Farm camping if you can get in with a car after 8 Saturday morning?They are officially saying arrive by 8, but Garda site says roads closing at 10, and I’ve seen somebody post to say that one of the roads to the campsite is open all day...and you can drive to it in a roundabout way.
    Camped there two years ago and it was 10 they had us arrive by.

Tbh they keep saying 8am cutoff. Maybe message them direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,651 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Radio Nova reported a load of blacked out cars leaving the Merrion Hotel earlier.

Fella I know in the know said don’t be surprised if there’s an appearance later on in a certain venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Fella I know in the know said don’t be surprised if there’s an appearance later on in a certain venue.

Lars and Rob have been popping into the pre parties all tour,hardly need to be in the know to realise they might be in Fibbers later :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Fibers?

Advertisement