Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Anyone know if it’ll be ok to bring in a normal sized backpack tomorrow? The list says no large backpacks but the one I’m wanting to bring is a normal sized one and it’s even a Metallica one at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Anyone know if it’ll be ok to bring in a normal sized backpack tomorrow? The list says no large backpacks but the one I’m wanting to bring is a normal sized one and it’s even a Metallica one at that.

Its a Russian roulette to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Its a Russian roulette to be honest.

I thought as much. Four people I was with for the Marlay park gig in 2009 all brought backpacks and there was no issue at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Fibers?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Weird one but does anyone camping in the Slane Camping Site have some spare cigarettes? My friend forgot hers and is happy to buy some from someone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

There's a lot of messages in this thread and i don't fancy going back through the lot. If i have me eticket saved on my phone will that be accepted on the gate? Or does it need to be printed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

There's a lot of messages in this thread and i don't fancy going back through the lot. If i have me eticket saved on my phone will that be accepted on the gate? Or does it need to be printed?

Has to be printed. 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

2 ponchos and a few cans for the bus. Sorted.

The coolbox is as old as me...

You would pay 1800 a month in dublin for this gaff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Has to be printed. 100%

Wrong!

"Take note.
    As you've selected eTickets, we'd just like to remind you that you have the option to either print your ticket(s) at home to bring with you to the event or you may access your ticket(s) directly on your mobile device and present them for entry at the venue."

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

How's the ground underfoot? Soggy mess or will it hold?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Dozyart wrote: »
    Wrong!

"Take note.
    As you've selected eTickets, we'd just like to remind you that you have the option to either print your ticket(s) at home to bring with you to the event or you may access your ticket(s) directly on your mobile device and present them for entry at the venue."

My mistake, was NOT aware of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Tbh they keep saying 8am cutoff. Maybe message them direct.

I did, they said 8 but only that they couldn’t guarantee access due to Gardaí. I’m aiming for half 8. I’ll just park in one of the generic car packs if there does happen to be road closures.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

PMSL

D.Q wrote: »
    What's the toilet and food setup like at the camping?

If it’s slane Farm expect queues of up to an hour for ladies and also for food truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Has to be printed. 100%

The whole point of eticket is so it doesnt have to be printed.

Nekro Man wrote: »
    How's the ground underfoot? Soggy mess or will it hold?

Tis solid in slane farm anyway. *stamps*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

YellowLead wrote: »
    If it’s slane Farm expect queues of up to an hour for ladies and also for food truck.

Only time I seen the queues that bad was first thing in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »
    What's the toilet and food setup like at the camping?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

How many tickets are sold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

seligehgit wrote: »

They never release figures but the press are saying 'around 75,000 will be in attendance'. I've no idea if there are freebies being handed out (apart from the ones that locals get)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

seligehgit wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

The ladies are fine tonight actually, Max 5 min wait but low water pressure if you want to wash your hands.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

They never release figures but the press are saying 'around 75,000 will be in attendance'. I've no idea if there are freebies being handed out (apart from the ones that locals get)

When it was announced radio stations were handing tickets out like sweets, and the amount of them on the likes of Adverts, Donedeal at a fraction of the price, would say a fair percentage won't have paid full price for their tickets.

Will it be possible to get down to the village from the bus parks on the south side of the site?
    Coming from kildare on private bus and want to meet some friends coming on Dublin bus.
    Around lunchtime I'd say.

The ladies are fine tonight actually, Max 5 min wait but low water pressure if you want to wash your hands.

Sorry I meant to say on the Saturday 😊But maybe it’s less busy in general that Guns N’ Roses was - hopefully so 😊

So far its fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭thebourke

first saw metallica in 92 point depot....27 years later....i go to slane...to see them!

Advertisement