Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    is the place mucky?

Not really no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Metallica day. Slane. Absolute sea of people camping. Tunes going at 7.30am, beers in hand, bbq for breakfast. Distinct bang of weed. Saw One fella out of his mallet already. 😱ðŸ»ðŸ¾ðŸ€˜

I'm in bed watching Weekend Am on Virgin Media :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,996 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Looking at the latest forecast might be a showers around 3 or 4pm not as bad as expected earlier in the week

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭adam240610

Anyone have any pictures of the grounds around slane? Wondering how well the grounds holding up

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

paulie21 wrote: »
    Looking at the latest forecast might be a showers around 3 or 4pm not as bad as expected earlier in the week

1-3mm, nothing a cheap poncho from town won't fix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

Nekro Man wrote: »
    1-3mm, nothing a cheap poncho from town won't fix

Picked up a two pack of disposable ponchos, gave a set to my bother too. Guess you can call me a disposable hero....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Just strolled round the village there, nice and peaceful. The calm before the mayhem.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

On the train from Cork and debating whether to go wellingtons or a pair of ****ty ankle boots that I’d be happy to bin afterwards #firstworldproblems

phill106 wrote: »
    Picked up a two pack of disposable ponchos, gave a set to my bother too. Guess you can call me a disposable hero....

You'll be dry when I say, you must be dry
    Back to the front (of the pit)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Metallica day. Slane. Absolute sea of people camping. Tunes going at 7.30am, beers in hand, bbq for breakfast. Distinct bang of weed. Saw One fella out of his mallet already. 😱ðŸ»ðŸ¾ðŸ€˜

I can see my house from here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I’m heading up to drogheda on the 3pm train, I’ve 2 VIP tickets with parking for sale if anyone fancies an upgrade.
    Cost:€275each
    No reasonable offer refused

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Intu

Hey, do you think 15:30 will be ok to arrive at the CastlePark Slane car park? Like will there still be spaces that late in the day!

Does anyone know if I enter on a VIP ticket will I be able to access the General standing area to meet friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

The view from inside

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭krusty411

Does anyone know if I enter on a VIP ticket will I be able to access the General standing area to meet friends?

Yeah, your able to leave the vip compound and return when you like, they just check your wrist band going back into the compound, I was in and out all day for the foos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

argentum wrote: »
    The view from inside

Looks mighty fine

argentum wrote: »
    The view from inside

So definitely no Zone A?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Have booked into the pink car park but won’t be leaving Dublin until around 3pm, should I be ok getting to the parking this late?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

Guys, I have two zone A tickets, I need to buy another one, can I buy a general standing or is there a barricade between the two areas>?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Can't wait. Love slane, 4th time going now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Count Hairyfoot

Staying up at the farm. Did I read that last year there was a vegan food truck. All I can find are what looks like an ice cream van and 2 chipper vans in a little enclosure near the main house. Am I missing it or is it not here this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Guys, I have two zone A tickets, I need to buy another one, can I buy a general standing or is there a barricade between the two areas>?

i cam email you an e-ticket for free if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Staying up at the farm. Did I read that last year there was a vegan food truck. All I can find are what looks like an ice cream van and 2 chipper vans in a little enclosure near the main house. Am I missing it or is it not here this year?

The vegan truck was in at the gig last year, not the campsite!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

Wow thanks so much! badly stuck ::D

We can expect whiskey in the jar, but what are some more left field tracks you'd want?

They don't play Of wolf and man often, that'd be a belter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Post of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

ashdale5 wrote: »
    On the train from Cork and debating whether to go wellingtons or a pair of ****ty ankle boots that I’d be happy to bin afterwards #firstworldproblems

Muck is an inch in the worst of worst spots, which everyone just walks around. Was wetter at gnr last year and I had cons on me, no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DarMul17

On the bus up from Limerick. Wellies or not? Only question on some people's minds on the bus. Would love if king nothing would be played, for whom the bell tolls will be pretty spectacular I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GRAMOH

DarMul17 wrote: »
    On the bus up from Limerick. Wellies or not? Only question on some people's minds on the bus. Would love if king nothing would be played, for whom the bell tolls will be pretty spectacular I feel.

I've dragged them up with me so wearing regardless ...

• Advertisement

DarMul17 wrote: »
    , for whom the bell tolls will be pretty spectacular I feel.

For sure. That's a safe enough one

Advertisement