Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

myxi wrote: »
    Is it just me or is it doubtful it will sell out on Friday?! I really can't afford to buy any more tickets before Christmas!

I wouldnt expect it to sell out immediately, even it did you would pick up tickets in the run up to it

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is it just me or is it doubtful it will sell out on Friday?! I really can't afford to buy any more tickets before Christmas!

I'm guessing Fridays sale will have a small allocation of tickets that could sell out creating panic but there will be many ticket drops over of next few months and also on places like Toutless etc

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The most they have ever drawn here is shy of 40k, I can't see them selling out and definitely not on Friday.

id be surprised if the other bands named are big names unless its selling really bad

Ghost would prob not too happy if another big name is added and there push down the card cause of this

knowing MCD it will be bands like The Academic, Kodaline, Coronas etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

So a semi pro drummer then? :)

I should have clarified, pro level but studies and future job mean its only part time ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Have you ever been to a Metallica gig? :confused:
    Yeah, I have.

Have you ever been to Slane?

This isn't going to be a traditional dedicated Metallica show. It's the biggest non festival live band fixture in Ireland next year. You'll have your Metallica crowd top loaded, petering out the further back you get. It's going to be jammed full of all sorts. The whole place isn't going to be moshing out to Battery.

And that's fine.

I'm just not sure is it my specific cup of bovril.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

PTH2009 wrote: »
    id be surprised if the other bands named are big names unless its selling really bad

Ghost would prob not too happy if another big name is added and there push down the card cause of this

knowing MCD it will be bands like The Academic, Kodaline, Coronas etc

So if QotSA were added, would Ghost expect to be above them? Or AiC's ?

Ghost ,while 'big enough' are not a major draw, and I doubt would have any say or imput, and maybe little interest in where they are placed on the line up, They will be paid regardless. (and their popularity probably increased due to being on the bill)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

greenspurs wrote: »

Ghost ,while 'big enough' are not a major draw, and I doubt would have any say or imput, and maybe little interest in where they are placed on the line up, They will be paid regardless. (and their popularity probably increased due to being on the bill)

I think any new band we get is going to be of the Coronas variety and not an internationally renowned act.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I think any new band we get is going to be of the Coronas variety and not an internationally renowned act.

Yes, I agree.
    I was just making the point that if a bigger act were added why would Ghost have reason to be "unhappy at being pushed further down the bill" ....

Ghost are not a massive band for the support, they are acceptable (probably) but if most people going were asked to pick a line up for Slane (within reason), I doubt many would have them as 2nd last on the bill !!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Surely if they add Irish bands they would have to be heavier than Coronas etc. Someone like Bitch Falcon, Stiff Little Fingers etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The press release said there would be 5 bands including one Irish band, so I'd imagine it'll be the Irish band opening, and depending on ticket sales, the fifth band will be either the main support or second on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Wait until the day before and buy one on toutless for 40 quid. Not a hope this will sell out.

Also, Ghost are on before Metallica regardless of whos added.

Even if it doesn't sell out, there are enough idiots out there spending 350 on tickets to turn a profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

greenspurs wrote: »

I think it'll be one international act, one Irish act. One bigger than Ghost, the other to play before/after Bokassa.

Irish act can be anyone (Therapy be great). Then get touring band who would sell a good whack!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

I'm on their mailing list for some reason so I have a pre-sale code if anyone wants it. Not sure if it's specific to an email address or anything like that, but first to say they want it can have it.

Seems to be a 2 ticket per show per credit card limit though which seems a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Theres a presale tomorrow

Mushy wrote: »
    I think it'll be one international act, one Irish act. One bigger than Ghost, the other to play before/after Bokassa.

Irish act can be anyone (Therapy be great). Then get touring band who would sell a good whack!

Irish band to open
    Dragonforce (be a good laugh)
    Black Star Riders
    Bokassa
    Ghost
    Slash and Co
    Metallica

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Mindriot might be in a with a chance of a spot on the bill

Irish band to open
    Black Star Riders
    Bokassa
    Ghost
    Slash and Co
    Metallica

Therapy? a good bet as well I'd imagine - they're still going strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mushy wrote: »

Irish band to open
    Black Star Riders
    Bokassa
    Ghost
    Slash and Co
    Metallica

Think that's a band too many. Slash may be a good shout though, would help shift a few tickets.

Hopefully can go now, be a good laugh at it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Would be alright with Royal Blood even though I've seen them a couple of times. Any chance of Babymetal? Not huge band (in Ireland at least) just yet, played with Metallica in Korea. Could be good fun and might be able to slot in ahead of Ghost on the billing (I imagine they'll be kept as last support act).

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Loving all these epic names, mindriot, dragon force, baby metal.

Sounds like a list of heroes/villains from GI Joe

If anyone can remember how much were the VIP compound seated tickets ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

They won’t get a high billing but I’d put good money on Thin Lizzy slotting into the line-up somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I wouldn't get my hopes up too much, but The Cure have just announced that something will be happening on the 8th...maybe their own gig, or a support slot on this bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

entropi wrote: »
    I wouldn't get my hopes up too much, but The Cure have just announced that something will be happening on the 8th...maybe their own gig, or a support slot on this bill?

Id imagine they’ll headline their own day somewhere else. Perhaps malahide who usually run gigs at start of June

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Can anyone see how much VIP tickets are & General Admission ones? I.e. not the Experience ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Can anyone see how much VIP tickets are & General Admission ones? I.e. not the Experience ones?
    89.50 i think for General Admission. Not sure about VIP.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    They won’t get a high billing but I’d put good money on Thin Lizzy slotting into the line-up somewhere.

Yeah whatever line up they have now

They could play as Black Star Riders too

Denis Desmond seemed in a narky mood at the press conference

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I think the gold circle is the way to go. I still have nightmares about the hill in Slane during pissing rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 deise76

camping at slane def a great option was great last yr pull in fri 3pm tent up beer out and a stroll to gig next day followed by more beer that night with the added bonus of hearin gnr rehearsing black hole sun for bout 2 hrs!!

Advertisement