Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭scoobydude

I had to laugh when yer man from the Meath Chronicle said and here we have the Metallica intro music and it was AC/DC's Its a long way to the top. :D:D

Is it not fairly established at this stage that they do long way... Then ecstacy of gold, then come on?

Anyhoo really enjoyed the gig, thought bokassa (out whatever they're called) were class, stiff little fingers were fairly shyyyte)(though I hate punk). and ghost were just OK. Metallica were incredible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭scoobydude

poundhound wrote: »
    Despite the organizers “robust traffic plans”, the horror stories should arrive in 3, 2,1......

Meh flying road on a marathon coach, was fairly well organised in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

I had to laugh when yer man from the Meath Chronicle said and here we have the Metallica intro music and it was AC/DC's Its a long way to the top. :D:D

Rag of a news paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Just back in Dublin, great gig. Left just as the encore was ending

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Just in. Not a great setlist IMHO but the band's performance was pretty good. Not sure if it was my ear plus, but I was right up in front of the band for Seek and the drums sounded all over the place. The old favorites were good but , Frantic? and Memory? really? Who tf likes those live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Great gig and the weather behaved for Metallica. Home at 00:00, having left Slane at 11:20. Back roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Count Hairyfoot

Lars must owe Rob and Kirk money - they barely left his side all night. Great gig but I thought they were a little lost on the huge stage. Ghost worked it better - ok I think there was 9 of them but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Lads, is there really no way out of this blue car park other than waiting for the entire red one to clear first and then exiting there?

Moved from my parking space to the queue (a 10 metre journey) and haven't moved since in 45 minutes. It looks from here that we're all waiting for the other field to clear first. I hope I'm wrong.

It's gonna be a long night.

Gig was fúcking amazing, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Amazing show by Metallica. Visuals way better than I expected. Area is a kip in the night time tbh with a concert crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Lads, is there really no way out of this blue car park other than waiting for the entire red one to clear first and then exiting there?

Just follow the instructions on which exit to use

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Amazing show by Metallica. Visuals way better than I expected. Area is a kip in the night time tbh with a concert crowd

The area is a kip?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Great gig. Did James make a mistake during Enter Sandman or did I imagine that?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Red Bus park is a car park as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

I caught that too! Sounded like he sang part of the first verse again for the second verse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

He sang the first verse twice haha of all the songs. How can he forget the second sandman verse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

On another note camping is the only way to do it. Curled up back in the tent, have eaten and had a post gig drink already.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Very rough crowd where we were. Lots of aggressive drunk arseholes. Place too narrow. Won't be back. I'm probably too old

D.Q wrote:
    On another note camping is the only way to do it. Curled up back in the tent, have eaten and had a post gig drink already.

Probably the best way I've done slane to, unfortunately stuck on a bus for the next few hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Only arrived as SLF were finishing but I thought the volume for Ghost was too low. Couldn't make out was Tobias was saying in between songs. Glad they turned it up to 11 for Metallica.

Sound was great on the left hand side of the arena where we were for most fo the gig but moved up to the top right for Creeping Death onwards and didn't;t sound as clear over there. Ah well, great night though.

And I too must hold my hands up as I two thought they'd never fill the place when they were rumoured to be playing there and probably said as much early on in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I think I burst my vocal chords singing to creeping death. Excellent gig loved every minute.

Glad to be out of that car park now, now the long trek back to Cork

• Advertisement

And I too must hold my hands up as I two thought they'd never fill the place when they were rumoured to be playing there and probably said as much early on in the thread.

Extremely impressed with the numbers they pulled, almost sold out imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Came on to read about the gig and same reply for every slane gig on every thread, terrible sound, terrible bar que, terrible crowd jesus what did you expect, mod can we bar anyone who mentions anything bar how the gig was

• Registered Users Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I got into the concert just before Ghost started, one of the lads checking tickets said they'd 55,000 gone in at that stage.

I didn't think I'd make it to the gold circle with landing on my arse getting down the hill, make it without incident. Ended up fairly near the stage was some sight to look at the crowd all the way back up the hill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

but1er wrote: »
    Came on to read about the gig and same reply for every slane gig on every thread, terrible sound, terrible bar que, terrible crowd jesus what did you expect, mod can we bar anyone who mentions anything bar how the gig was

Go feck yourself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Best songs ride the lightning creeping death and master of puppets crowd where we were didn't know any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Great night.. Ghost were great in the golden circle really held their own

• Registered Users Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Great night.. Ghost were great in the golden circle really held their own

There isn't enough sax in rock!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Moved from my parking space to the queue (a 10 metre journey) and haven't moved since in 45 minutes. It looks from here that we're all waiting for the other field to clear first. I hope I'm wrong.

It's gonna be a long night.

Gig was fúcking amazing, though.

Just like last time I got to the car drove around the queue and out the gate like a boss

Just arrived home in Navan!!! 4 hours after the gig. Sound was awful, couldn’t hear the first 5 songs. Had to move beside the speaker.

Not a patch on the 06 gig

• Advertisement

Just arrived home in Navan!!! 4 hours after the gig. Sound was awful, couldn’t hear the first 5 songs. Had to move beside the speaker.

Lucky bastard, could be another 2 hours here getting home

Advertisement