Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Great to see the band rock into Fibbers last night. They were in great form

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭EI2011

Stage was phenomenal

The food stalls were shocking one hr to pay an order then back to the same line to try collect about 90 minutes wasted

First time in slane so was expecting that walk it's some trek alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Just leaving campsite now, brilliant concert, loved every minute

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Very rough crowd where we were. Lots of aggressive drunk arseholes. Place too narrow. Won't be back. I'm probably too old

Prob just where you were, I saw nothing like that, I was near bottom of hill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

s8n wrote: »
    Great to see the band rock into Fibbers last night. They were in great form

Heard that alright. Is it true you went home with Jennifer Lawrence after? In your gold car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,492 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Just leaving campsite now, brilliant concert, loved every minute

That's the way to do Slane. No hassle with traffic etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Gold circle worth it?

How was the sound there.

Cramped or what you thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cagefactor

Gold circle worth it?

How was the sound there.

Sound was great for Metallica. The band before, couldn't hear anything really - very low.

Wasn't cramped where I was but quite a few knobs pushing around trying to get closer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Gold circle worth it?

How was the sound there.

Well worth it I thought, sound was incredible and not cramped at all. The only way I'd do it again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Gold circle worth it?

How was the sound there.

Worth every penny for me. Good atmosphere around me too, and the pit developed just in front of me then.

Not crushed, just about right I thought, space wise. For the first few songs there was 1 drunk moron banging into everyone- he wasn't even facing the band. I felt very sorry for his girlfriend, because around 4 of us separately had to tell him to cop the f*ck on or f*ck off. There's always one though. His girlfriend dragged him off fairly early on.

Sound was great! Also, it was good to see the new tunes get a great reaction where I was. People were pretty much singing every word.

Main drawback was that being in the circle means you are further away from the exit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

So glad I upgraded my ticket from zone a!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Really enjoyed that. strolled from campsite in 5 minutes. Sound was perfect down near the front left of barrier.

Now the challenge of getting up begins.. getting old is 0 craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Really pleased it was almost a sellout yesterday despite all the usual problems - bar queues are becoming crazy and I queued for an hour for Wok n Roll, ridiculous - but it's a reminder that only the big rock acts really work in those venues. I really hope there's another Slane gig next year and a heavy rock act - will definitely pay for gold circle as clearly the only spot to be in.

Meanwhile 175,000 are heading to Glastonbury in a few weeks where Stormzy and Miley Cyrus are the main acts - a frightening thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Was anyone at the Olympia practice session?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Anyone get a picture of the plectrum?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Great gig but by christ the food and drink at Irish gigs is ****e compared to what youd get in the UK or on the continent.
    Only beer available was Heineken, cmon lads not everyone enjoys drinking that watered down pisswater. Crappy chips etc, like at Download you can get all sorts of food. And don't get me started on all the cheap single use plastic cups that ended up on the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Campsite was good craic mostly. Few dopes around. Some crusty oul lad was going around all night screeching like a rooster which was a bit annoying. Stupid prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Great gig loved it, sound brilliant in the gold circle. I'll agree with others Kirk very sloppy, Lars comes across awful on the new stuff live.
    I love battery as an opener but hardwired is pretty cool too I thought. The only one of the album that sounded good.

It's a big show but someone like slayer is alot tighter musically, really feel hetfield holds the thing together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

P_1 wrote: »
    Great gig but by christ the food and drink at Irish gigs is ****e compared to what youd get in the UK or on the continent.
    Only beer available was Heineken, cmon lads not everyone enjoys drinking that watered down pisswater. Crappy chips etc, like at Download you can get all sorts of food. And don't get me started on all the cheap single use plastic cups that ended up on the ground

Was it my imagination or was there only one main beer bar yesterday, the Heineken bar on the right hand side? Surely there must have been more but at Nile Rodgers last week there was definitely only one which was a disaster, no one could get near a drink at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Was it my imagination or was there only one main beer bar yesterday, the Heineken bar on the right hand side? Surely there must have been more but at Nile Rodgers last week there was definitely only one which was a disaster, no one could get near a drink at all.

One on the far left too at the bottom of the hill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just arrived home in Navan!!! 4 hours after the gig. Sound was awful, couldn’t hear the first 5 songs. Had to move beside the speaker.

Not a patch on the 06 gig

jaysus, 4 hours to cover 9 miles, you could have walked that quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

SQ2 wrote: »
    Anyone get a picture of the plectrum?
    Only managed to get that side of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

A bunch of the Slane plecs can also be seen on the setlist photo on Instagram.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Actually got one of the other side too, worse quality though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Didn't get home until about 4 o clock. Sent the wrong direction to my bus by An Garda siochana(blue car park) and by the time I got there bus was gone. Spent 200 euro to get a taxi from Navan to come get me and I was lucky to even get one.Awful set up for getting out of. So many people walking the streets at 2 or 3 o clock looking for taxis and very few about.
    Ruined what was otherwise a great day.

Passed people alright that where giving out a out been sent wrong way.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

First time in Slane, had a great day.

Metallica were fantastic. Bit of a lull in the setlist halfway through but they finished strongly. Teasing Orion only to play Frantic was a major disappointment though!

Loved Ghost, hopefully they come back for an indoor gig.

Was quite happy with the sound where I was sitting.

Glad I wasnt drinking, meant minimum exposure tonthe bars and toilets which looked a nightmare.

Lot of middle aged lads in a bad way, can't hack the sesh any more!

Home to Dublin by 2 am so not terrible.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭klose

Well that was amazing, very sore neck and head from all the headbanging and bar that but shower during the bokassa slot it was a perfect day for me.

Would say I was a bit disappointed with some of their song choices, but tamer compared to their other European slots but it was my first time seeing them so I rocked out to every tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭memorystick

Sore head and neck too. The stage is massive. About 120 wide is say. One was fantastic.

I'm 30 years listening to these guys and my first time to see them. I really wanted to hear Fade to Black. Great night and atmosphere. Great memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Is it? Didn't know that was the intro, thought it was just incidental music playing before the band came on, was expecting some dramatic classical music as the intro like the Prodigy at EP last year.

Newb ;-p For the past 20-odd years (maybe more) Metallica always play It's a Long Way to the Top right before EOG kicks in.

(Newb comment made in jest)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Sore head and neck too. The stage is massive. About 120 wide is say. One was fantastic.

I'm 30 years listening to these guys and my first time to see them. I really wanted to hear Fade to Black. Great night and atmosphere. Great memories.

I would of cried if they played fade to black, love it.

Id say lars was sweating after, those flames on stage were belting out some heat

Advertisement