Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    Went for a few pints in some pup afterwards and just about made the last bus home to Dublin, phew.
    That was the most I've ever enjoyed Slane Metallica were savage despite a lull around the halfway mark. Sound was far better than GnR and I think Metallica are just an all round better live band than Guns.
    Stayed on top of the hill for the whole of Metallica lots of space and no rowdy egits.

Better than gnr? Haha, good one. There was more life in a tramps vest last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

callaway92 wrote: »
    The lads on about the extra tender thing.

Funnily enough this will result in Ticketmaster making more money the next time. They will get rid of ‘Zone A’ and charge the same price and General admission. You can’t win ha

At least everyone would get what they paid for then.

I've submitted a complaint on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

klose wrote: »
    Frantic is such a kick ass song live

MY LIFESTYLE DETERMINES MY DEATHSTYLE!

St. Anger was just a bad dream. Invisible Kid is the kind of song you'd write on the jacks the morning after a feed of porter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Nekro Man wrote: »
    Half thinking that's only in north america, might not be available for European dates.

Nah, it's for here too. I ordered mine today and got my confirmation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Need them to do an indoor show next time.

• Advertisement

Worrying lack of long hair amongst the metal youth of today !

hey, I'm just glad I have hair at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

dont understand this leaving early thing...you left with 4 songs to go..essentially 20% of the gig!!...each to their own i suppose..personally love arriving early to these events and staying right to the end to enjoy the whole experience

agree with you on the lad who watched the whole show through his viewfinder..such a waste in my opinion..personally hate phones at gigs..maybe im just a grumpy old bastard who though things were better in the 90's haha

We left after Seek and Destroy which is my favourite song, I'm not a die hard fan so I didn't mind missing the encore. If it was a band I really love I wouldn't leave early for anything

Ardent wrote: »
    Where and how do we do this?

Go to https://scan.livemetallica.com and type in the bar-code on your ticket. You might have to register if you haven't before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Worrying lack of long hair amongst the metal youth of today !

Its all about "man products" and selfies these days....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

You mean these guys to the left of the stage where we were?

I spent a lot of the night just holding them back. I loved it tbh. One guy there next to us looked PISSED at them, though. Fury in his eyes all night long.

Hope that wasnt me, was beside there and I always look pissed off! Was loving it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Leppard Messiah

threein99 wrote: »
    We left after Seek and Destroy which is my favourite song, I'm not a die hard fan so I didn't mind missing the encore. If it was a band I really love I wouldn't leave early for anything

fair enough..suppose i just tend to only go to bands i really like and stay to the end..heard of a few people who only got these after metallica had statred too haha..thats my worst nightmare..being late for gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

To the people around me moaning about a few skinny teenagers moshing around them. Get a grip, that was the tamest crowd I’ve ever seen a show and still you have people who by the way decided they were getting near the front complaining about the crowd moshing and not “just enjoying the music”. Would have loved to see them people at nuclear assault a couple of years back... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Created a playlist on Spotify for Ghosts set if anyone is interested.
    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0uAYDwiNftyFlzbeRujQ3G?si=_ojN5H5rQy2aF0GeDR_MpQ

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Had a great day there yesterday, weather was amazing compared to Foos gig a few years back. I treated it as a day out with friends, see some bands and have a few beers. Worked out well. Worst thing about it as usual is the walk back to the bus pickup. It was so packed too! A sea of bodies!

Don't forget that Tobias might want to tickle your taint :pac: Burst my hole laughing at that during their set!

This was played at the very end but a lot would have missed it leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

To the people around me moaning about a few skinny teenagers moshing around them. Get a grip, that was the tamest crowd I’ve ever seen a show and still you have people who by the way decided they were getting near the front complaining about the crowd moshing and not “just enjoying the music”. Would have loved to see them people at nuclear assault a couple of years back... lol

Nuclear Assault LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I really enjoyed the gig,

The pitch held up surprisingly given the weather earlier in the day, and no rain at all during Metallica I believe. With the exception of their rendition of "Wild Rover" which felt like it would be more suited to a pirate ship, I loved every minute of it all.

Great atmosphere in the crowd, at least where I was.

This is my 3rd time in Slane (after Rolling Stones on 07 and Foo Fighters in 2015) and possibly my quite favourite so far.

Dublin Bus transport was well organised, obviously it is a long walk but thats out of their control, but the buses we're there to shuttle everyone back quickly, we got back to Dublin around 1 or so, home in bed by 1:30.

Brilliant night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

100% agree, it's Metallica and there's going to be moshing. It isn't christy Moore. It was very tame, I saw a bit from where we were but it didn't last long. People just get into the mood of it.

I find that some people watch videos online of heavy concerts seeing moshing and think it's cool, go to a gig and hate it then not realising that it's big groups of people pushing each other around.

Not everyone's into moshing and it doesn't make you less of a person. Similarly liking it doesn't make you a tough guy. That "would have solved to have seen them people at Nuclear Assault" comment made me laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Poxy MSM don't even have the gig on front page of even one of their rags today.

No surprise unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Not everyone's into moshing and it doesn't make you less of a person. Similarly liking it doesn't make you a tough guy. That "would have solved to have seen them people at Nuclear Assault" comment made me laugh.

I've nothing against people not been into moshing but I think people need to be aware it will happen, moaning about it is a bit silly. Thats what I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Arghus wrote: »
    Hey, I was wrong.

Yeah ya were! I had to pay for my own ticket after taking you up on your "bet" ya bollocks. :pac:

I knew it would happen but bloody hell didn't expect them to pack the place like that meself.

Fantastic day, was well equipped for sh1te weather so of course no surprise I came home with a sunburn from that half hour of sun at the start of the festival. Funny to hear rain put a few in a mood an outdoor gig jaysus! Few heavy showers that didn't last long nothing after 7 bells that's ideal actually if you're gonna have some.

Supports were decent I thought, knew SLF had seen them at a festival before the other 2 were good (the Dublin band didn't look out of place on the big stage even) but not something I'd have any real interest in delving into post seeing them. Ghost were the biz, a lot of people appeared to have not checked them out prior Tobias said they'd be back anyway please don't be a throwaway comment!

Metallica were top notch, few niggles here and there. Whiskey out early was grand but it was sloppy I found be surprised if that's the video upload even though that would be what people expect playing Ireland. Wasn't my fave Metallica gig but personally preferred it to the arena tour 2 years ago. Never seen them do Ride the Lightning or Memory so loved those back to back meself minor lull in middle nothing major Wild rover was shocking but funnyish.

Saw two lads pucking the heads off each other during Master of Puppets a sorry sight until they were pulled apart.

I'd happily return for the right act again I know it's added effort but much preferable than a stadium in Dublin.

One of my favourite moments of the night was stood beside the mosh pit. This guy who would be around 50 in an original master of puppets tshirt making a beeline for the mosh pit and his wife telling him to be careful. He was loving it :D Not a care inthe world did he have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

photos on https://www.metallica.com/events/2019-06-08-slane-castle.html

glad i camped, the craic and banter on friday night added to the occasion - had some very random conversations with people!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

People getting uppity about moshing. Jesus.

Find a different part of the crowd next time. Your down front at a heavy metal gig. They're well within their right.

Only ever seen this in Ireland, to be honest. Anywhere else it's a well understood situation. Fans want it, bands want it, it's all in good fun.

photos on https://www.metallica.com/events/2019-06-08-slane-castle.html

glad i camped, the craic and banter on friday night added to the occasion - had some very random conversations with people!

The slane farm campsite was fantastic. Never met more sound people in years. Ending up in random cars and groups drinking away.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This was the 12th time that Metallica played in the Dublin area (Meath is located about 50km from Dublin).
    whats that I hear? steam coming out peoples ears? knickers twisting?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'm not complaining about moshing, since that's a thing of its own to be expected at any sort of rock gig

But at one stage I got a damn hard open slap to the back of my head at the end of The Unforgiven, was down near the front to the left of the main cameras

I'm positive I didn't do anything myself like stand on toes or have my hands flying back, but I was paranoid and self aware then for the rest of the gig and I'd always be checking myself then during any of the bigger bits in the rest of the set, I wouldn't go as far as to say it ruined the gig for me but it did annoy me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

One of my favourite moments of the night was stood beside the mosh pit. This guy who would be around 50 in an original master of puppets tshirt making a beeline for the mosh pit and his wife telling him to be careful. He was loving it :D Not a care inthe world did he have.

Which was fine until him and his buddy started swinging at the people outside the pit. To clarify - a person on the edge of the pit pushed him away from his wife and back into the pit. This clown's buddy literally walked up and squared up to the person on the edge of the pit.

And I've been around long enough to know the difference between slam dancing and just acting the p**ck.

Advertisement