Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Anyone else unable to register for their download of the show?

I put in my ticket number beside the bar code a few times and no good, either as one long number or the spaces in between the numbers like on the ticket either

My barcode number has 14 digits, 7 sets of 2. I entered them in without spaces and it worked fine.

Mine was a physical ticket though as opposed to an email one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Anyone else unable to register for their download of the show?

I put in my ticket number beside the bar code a few times and no good, either as one long number or the spaces in between the numbers like on the ticket either

The Ticketmaster order number is of no use. Livemetallica.com is looking for a barcode. I logged into my TM account and the QR Code that was scanned isn't showing up at all. I've contacted them to try and solve it as I would love a download of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

The Ticketmaster order number is of no use. Livemetallica.com is looking for a barcode. I logged into my TM account and the QR Code that was scanned isn't showing up at all. I've contacted them to try and solve it as I would love a download of it.

I printed my tickets at home, and the long barcode on the bottom right hand corner worked perfectly first time. It's not the QR code.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

What a great weekend!

Second time going to Slane and first time camping there, its the only way to do it imo, you avoid so much hassle and a lot of fun was had in Slane Farm campsite. Very respectful crowd camping around us too.

Waiting years to see Ghost and just wow, totally worth the wait. Great sound in the gold circle. Was surreal being within touching distance of them. Really hope they come back on their own terms because they left so many great songs off their setlist.

Metallica were amazing and enjoyable as always. Few songs I wish they did but it didn't bother me that much, they played Spit Out the Bone which I was really happy about. Oh and the stage, epic!

Over-all, money well spent and was a great experience. Would do again!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Is it just an audio download or is it visual too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭krusty411

Ah balls I forgot to write down the barcodes for the tickets, I used the ticketmaster app on my phone going in and can't access the tickets now to get the numbers.

Degag wrote: »
    Is it just an audio download or is it visual too?

Audio only.

I’ll check when I get home if my wife’s ticket is around and can give someone the barcode on that if it is as we won’t need it.

(Good chance she dumped it on the way out though)

I’ll check when I get home if my wife’s ticket is around and can give someone the barcode on that if it is as we won’t need it.

(Good chance she dumped it on the way out though)

If you could pass it on to me that would be brilliant

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

First person to PM me can have my ticket code

Edit: gone

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    I printed my tickets at home, and the long barcode on the bottom right hand corner worked perfectly first time. It's not the QR code.

It is not working for me, with either barcode on the two tickets. Anyone got any ideas? Would love a copy of it! Its an email/PDF ticket with 18 digits.

krusty411 wrote: »
    If you could pass it on to me that would be brilliant

Will do. I’ll send you a PM this evening if I have it.

Will do. I’ll send you a PM this evening if I have it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Audio only.

can it be phone downloaded? or does it need to be a computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

I was griping at the €100 ticket fee at the start but someone posted a report a while back about the logistics involved (I think it was from the Paris gig) and combined with having seen the show now, I can see why it was the price it was.

For the "stadium tours" last year they were making approx. $4m-$6m gross. If I was guessing they probably picked up approx. €5m for that concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I won't be downloading it so here's our two:

image.png
    image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So according to the show notes on their website, Slane Castle was their 12th time in Ireland. Also had to chuckle at this from said notes.
    that Metallica played in the Dublin area (Meath is located about 50km from Dublin).

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So according to the show notes on their website, Slane Castle was their 12th time in Ireland.

Regular visitors to Ireland as you can see below, but I wonder why there was a 10 year gap since last time.

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/concert-map/metallica-3bd680c8.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭bladespin

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Bus Eireann are a disgrace.

Scheduled buses every 5 minutes from 11pm to Navan.

No buses showed at all til after 1AM. Money had already been collected by then.

Didn't make it home til 2:20AM.

They were ready and waiting after the show, out the gate, walked to the quarry straight onto the bus, hit Navan about 40 mins after the last fireworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PCros wrote: »
    Regular visitors to Ireland as you can see below, but I wonder why there was a 10 year gap since last time.

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/concert-map/metallica-3bd680c8.html

I wish this was a question we knew the answer to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

SQ2 wrote: »
    Anyone get a picture of the plectrum?

IMG-20190609-031004156.jpg IMG-20190609-030958263.jpg

adox wrote: »
    No it was just one of the songs playing over the PA pre show.

They had The Ecstasy Of Gold as usual.

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Just in. Not a great setlist IMHO but the band's performance was pretty good. Not sure if it was my ear plus, but I was right up in front of the band for Seek and the drums sounded all over the place. The old favorites were good but , Frantic? and Memory? really? Who tf likes those live?

Think part of it is that you could hear the drums directly which was slightly out of time with the PA, but also watching from behind, it wasn't his finest drumming.

Memory Remains is class, don't get the moaning in the thread. Almost worth it just for the "yeah" from the crowd at the start.

View from the snake pit was just as you'd expect! Once in a lifetime experience

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

They played big outdoor shows in 2003, 2004 and 2006 in the RDS and 2009 in Marley Park by the time Marley Park was over most fans had their fill for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

The amount of moaning that goes on every year after a Slane gig :rolleyes:

I had to walk a bit to and from the gig......
    I had to queue for food/drink/piss......
    It was raining......
    I didn't get home until late......
    People were drunk/dancing/moshing.....

Get the **** over it. It's an outdoor gig in ireland with 80,000 people attending.

Slane is great. An iconic venue.

Metallica were ****ing brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

lbj666 wrote: »
    They played big outdoor shows in 2003, 2004 and 2006 in the RDS and 2009 in Marley Park by the time Marley Park was over most fans had their fill for a while.

How do you know this ?

The amount of baseless claims on this thread is hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I wish this was a question we knew the answer to.

They would have been here for death magnetic but the 3 arena wasn't suitable for playing in the round. I saw them in Belfast.

IMG-20190609-031004156.jpg IMG-20190609-030958263.jpg

Think part of it is that you could hear the drums directly which was slightly out of time with the PA, but also it wasn't his finest drumming.

Memory Remains is class, don't get the moaning in the thread. Almost worth it just for the "yeah" from the crowd at the start.

That's it u could hear the snare in real time and through the PA so it sounded like Lars was doing done funky jazz double hits when in fact he wasn't :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

threein99 wrote: »
    How do you know this ?

of course its a baseless claim, but makes sense to me, dunno what is so amusing about it.

There was talk that they wanted to play slane. If they played the RDS or the Aviva last year or the year before they would find it harder to get good sales in slane, most bands would.

There are several acts I give a miss as I saw them recently enough.

Dunno about that a chopper took off after the gig
    They arrived by helicopter so I’d imagine they left in one too.
    Garda chopper flown by aer corps pilot.

The same helicopter that dropped them in took off from behind the stage a few mins after the gig.

They had two coming in and one leaving.

rubadub wrote: »
    of course its a baseless claim, but makes sense to me, dunno what is so amusing about it.

There was talk that they wanted to play slane. If they played the RDS or the Aviva last year or the year before they would find it harder to get good sales in slane, most bands would.

There are several acts I give a miss as I saw them recently enough.

It's all about you isn't it :)

• Advertisement

threein99 wrote: »
    How do you know this ?

Yeah I was at all of those + belfast x 2 + manchester, and haven't had my fill :pac:

Advertisement