Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Is there a chance that the Slane performance is going to be a concert dvd?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Leppard Messiah

james and lars at the cliffs of moher today..they got a chopper down to liscannor and had lunch in a local bar there..friend of a friend met them and said they were in great form..james posing for photos with babies an all haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Duffy98 wrote: »

Didnt see any cameras filming other than the ones for the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

They also turned up at a restaurant in Clare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I should give up making predictions about Metallica are doing and going to but but here goes another.

I doubt it. I know they had cameras there but I'd say if they were going to do a professional release, they'd have had twice the numbers of cameras there.

• Advertisement

Didnt see any cameras filming other than the ones for the screen.

I'd be certain that there were cameras there filming, albeit ya wouldn't know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'd be certain that there were cameras there filming, albeit ya wouldn't know it.

Well, they could be filming for youtube or the site, but wouldn't there be proper big cameras to actually capture the footage on film? That was my understanding anyway

Who knows i was just thinking that it might be a dvd cause of how serious they seemed to take it even with the rehearsals and it being on their "bucket list" , even kirk said on his twitter that they were shooting the gig so I dunno we are going to get some pro-shot footage of the gig anyway looking forward to watching it back. When do you have to enter your ticket code is their a time limit for that?

Who knows i was just thinking that it might be a dvd cause of how serious they seemed to take it even with the rehearsals and it being on their "bucket list" , even kirk said on his twitter that they were shooting the gig so I dunno we are going to get some pro-shot footage of the gig anyway looking forward to watching it back. When do you have to enter your ticket code is their a time limit for that?

I don't think there is a time limit on redeeming your MP3 download, am open to correction though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I should give up making predictions about Metallica are doing and going to but but here goes another.

I doubt it. I know they had cameras there but I'd say if they were going to do a professional release, they'd have had twice the numbers of cameras there.

The 360 cameras were running 100% even when the footage wasn't been shown on screen for long periods.

Would be surprised if it was a DVD though, would probably need more crew and cameras, and usually you'd want to do two dates+ to capture it
    james and lars at the cliffs of moher today..they got a chopper down to liscannor and had lunch in a local bar there..friend of a friend met them and said they were in great form..james posing for photos with babies an all haha

Kinda enjoying how they seem to be tour of Ireland since they got here :pac: Usually they head to the gig and depart the gig all separately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

My Slane experience - left the north west at about 4pm in a '78 VW campervan and made the long drive down. Met up with another three vintage VW camper owner friends of mine at the filling station on the north side of Slane and then made our way down to the crossroads in the centre of the village. Due to our timing, we were pretty much queued from the junction the whole way to the Slane Farm Campsite in stop/start traffic as it appeared that everyone arrived at the same time! It was great craic though as I was blasting Metallica tunes and loads of people were taking photos of the vans. Drove up into the second field as the first one was full and we circled the wagons and got a dome tent set up in the middle. Camping table and chairs out and we settled down to a nice evenings drinking and enjoying the atmosphere in the campsite. 'Twas a great nights craic. I got up too early the next morning and had to go back to bed for a while. Eventually surfaced at about 1:30. We all had a bite to eat and a few cans and made our way from the campsite, after a few heavy showers, down to the venue making it in as SLF were playing the last couple of tunes. Joined the MASSIVE queue for the bar but it moved pretty quickly and then moved down the hill and joined the MASSIVE queue for the toilets...but again, it moved quickly. I made my way into the Gold Circle and waited for Ghost. They were...alright. I enjoyed the chugging riffs but the operatic stylings...not so much. Towards the end of their set I made my way back up the hill to the bar. Queues not as big. Toilet again. Queues bigger! Back to GC and the long wait for Metallica. What can I say about their set?! It rocked! Even the tunes I wasn't dying about rocked. The stage, the lights, the pyro stuff, everything ROCKED! It seemed to all be over too quickly. Trudged back up the hill and on to the campsite and settled down to a few beers. One of the lads in another camper surprised us all by serving us all up a chicken curry and rice! Went to bed earlier than Friday night due to the long drive ahead on Sunday. Up in the morning, bite to eat and chilled out until shortly after twelve when the campsite had cleared out enough to move the vans...and then home. Deadly weekend.

The only negatives I had all weekend concerned the campsite...and these are fairly minor gripes. I've camped at every Slane I've been to since '95. Then and in '98 was in a tent. '03 and '15 were in the van. This was my first time in Slane Farm. The blue toilets had no light in them, so as soon as the door was closed, you were in complete darkness. The parking and pitching of tents was so haphazard that in the event of an emergency, an ambulance wasn't getting anywhere near...and that's about it! :D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The gig can be bought here but it would seem to be just audio only as with the free download

I was sure there would be full video available after since they had the proper cameras out for Ghost and Metallica rather than just symbols on the stage for the other support, surely when you already have the setup for the screens why would you not

The pro-shot footage will be posted on their youtube channel MetallicaTV. Id actually love to see some footage of ghost thought they were amazing to be fair to them really got the crowd going. It is some waste that bands have all of their concerts recorded professionally but never release it only ever in like short clips so hopefully we get lots of footage of the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

Anyone having bother getting the MP3 download? Have tried both camera scanner and entering the barcode manually, with both tickets I had. Just says it's not recognized. Maybe it's just not available yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Anyone having bother getting the MP3 download? Have tried both camera scanner and entering the barcode manually, with both tickets I had. Just says it's not recognized. Maybe it's just not available yet.

Mine worked perfectly fine

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Picked up a pair of tickets for 60 day before and left trim at 1pm, got to Slane for around 2ish, not a great walk from red bus stop, first issue was going in, handed my ticket over, nope, had been scanned 5mins earlier, dave handed his over and worked fine, told him to stand inside and wait while i sorted it.

went to speak to a security fella who called over a Ticketmaster supervisor, told him what happened, piointed out my mate, he went and checked his ticket then came back to me and said she must have scanned them both to fast and i could go in. lucky.

we stood on bank on right hand side, Bokassa were great, SLF better, Ghost even better. Metallica i thought were good, they do what they do well and expect no less from them, think James mentioned at some point that they don't bother with the setlist, that must be complete BS as that machine is so refined.

I was one of the original doubters who thought they wouldnt sell out Slane, and i still stand by what i said earlier that MCD had tried to move the gig to the RDS at a very early point.

Walk back to Red Bus Park was atrocious, people dropping like flies, hammered people not being able to walk 10 steps.

I said after Guns i'd never go back to Slane unless Metallica played, which i thought was never gonna happen, now i'm saying i will never go back unless it's AC/DC's final tour in 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

For a lad who hasn't been ok with people taking pics with him for a while he seems pretty happy in these from Clare today

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

glucifer wrote: »
    For a lad who hasn't been ok with people taking pics with him for a while he seems pretty happy in these from Clare today

Wow, he must be really enjoying himself, he's said countless times he doesn't do pics/autographs any more and would rather chat for 5mins but he looks genuinely happy there, delighted for him. This is another reason why they only tour in 2 week bursts now with no consecutive gigs, so they can see the country they're visiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Grandpa Het

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

We camped in Slane Farm. It was great; for 30 quid each it was well worth it. Maybe we were lucky that we had decent neighbours. It was very chilled, everyone was in good form.

Only gripes were that there were quite a few large campfires going very close to tents. It may have ended badly if something went wrong. I've been to quite a lot of festivals on the continent, campsites always have fire trucks onsite, and they always keep access routes clear just in case. It's something that needs ti be looked at.

On the subject of food or lack of, bring your own. It's only a short stay.

Concert itself: Ghost and Metallica were great as expected. Beer queues were ridiculous but hey, it kept me sober plus I didn't waste hours on toilet trips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

For a lad who hasn't been ok with people taking pics with him for a while

Think it is that he struggles to be genuine for pictures when people have paid for that privilege,on an off day from work in a chance meeting he probably doesn't give 2 fecks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Its probably been said numerous times..

Where do you go for the download ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Great pics. Hope they are enjoying it, sure looks like it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Don't blame him I'd rather a conversation than a picture too.
    It really annoys me that people think the person is famous you have a right to take a picture of them or with them in everyday life.

Right not to do autographs either, so many financially gaining from signed merch.

I met probably one of my favourite Liverpool players in Las Vegas a few years back, I just said hello and we chatted for atleast 5 mins between me, him and his wife, just really natural. I could of ruined it in 10 secs by shoving a camera in his face or a pen and boasted to all my friends but I still remember fondly this meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

rob316 wrote:
    I met probably one of my favourite Liverpool players in Las Vegas a few years back, I just said hello and we chatted for atleast 5 mins between me, him and his wife, just really natural. I could of ruined it in 10 secs by shoving a camera in his face or a pen and boasted to all my friends but I still remember fondly this meet.

Fair play to you, a lot of people just think of themselves in these situations, famous people are human after all

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Fair play to you, a lot of people just think of themselves in these situations, famous people are human after all

There is a time and a place for photos, when a guy is on his holidays with his wife you respect that.
    A photo is so forced too and over in a few seconds, if the person actually spent a couple mins chatting to you knowing they want to, that to me is priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

That selfie is a class pic, so much happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 djb92

Did someone post a link saying their was some preorder for the live audio from the gig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

djb92 wrote: »
    Did someone post a link saying their was some preorder for the live audio from the gig?

www.livemetallica.com

It’s there for downloading now which I’m going to do this evening. Sounds good from the brief snipets I listened to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Any idea how you redeem with a digital ticket?

Advertisement