Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

https://www.facebook.com/vaughans.ie/photos/a.1421530874765407/2304240739827745/?type=3&theater

They popped into Vaughan's Liscannor for food, fine choice, the fish and chips are unreal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Did you check the two I posted here?

Mate has another one I can PM you if they're both used though.

I did and thank you for posting them but once I was logged in and typed in the barcode it just logged me out again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Leppard Messiah

rob316 wrote: »
    Don't blame him I'd rather a conversation than a picture too.
    It really annoys me that people think the person is famous you have a right to take a picture of them or with them in everyday life.

Right not to do autographs either, so many financially gaining from signed merch.

I met probably one of my favourite Liverpool players in Las Vegas a few years back, I just said hello and we chatted for atleast 5 mins between me, him and his wife, just really natural. I could of ruined it in 10 secs by shoving a camera in his face or a pen and boasted to all my friends but I still remember fondly this meet.

that was my experieince when i met James in a computer store in san francisco back in 2010..he was with his kids so i just siad a quick hello and shook his hand but he was super cool and stood there for 2-3 mins chatting away to me and my mate..we never asked for a selfie or autograph but if we did it could have been a different story

• Registered Users Posts: 11,735 ✭✭✭✭klose

Nearly recovered now, thank god I booked yesterday off! I'd love to live it all over again it was such a brilliant day, I assume they'll do a black album 30th anniversary tour in 2021? Might see em back for that hopefully!

One thing I noticed was that the whole day went so fast and was over way too quickly :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭rob316

that was my experieince when i met James in a computer store in san francisco back in 2010..he was with his kids so i just siad a quick hello and shook his hand but he was super cool and stood there for 2-3 mins chatting away to me and my mate..we never asked for a selfie or autograph but if we did it could have been a different story

See! How cool is that, knowing James actually happily wanted to talk to you and your mate. That's an interaction and memory you will cherish forever as a fan.
    I could nearly photoshop a picture with me and james and post on FB and no one would be the wiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,407 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dont think I'd ever do Slane again

If AC/DC do actually tour again than ffs MCD and Lord Henry book them for slane and end this fun but slightly irritating joke. My christ what a disaster of a crowd would be at that, prob even drunk and messy than last week

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Dont think I'd ever do Slane again

If AC/DC do actually tour again than ffs MCD and Lord Henry book them for slane and end this fun but slightly irritating joke. My christ what a disaster of a crowd would be at that, prob even drunk and messy than last week

You're aware that everyone at these gigs is out to enjoy themselves? If certain people are annoying you then move elsewhere...it's a big venue!

I do agree with you to a certain extent. What irritated me big time is people stepping on me, spilling drink on me and blowing smoke into my face but that's what you have when you go to gigs like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Anyone else need a barcode number to download the audio? Have a spare one here unused if anyone wants it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

ANY high capacity event is bound to have a portion of mongs at it, AC/DC at Lansdowne had a fair share. Granted I have a few beers at these but ultimately pay for a ticket to go see the act in question would rather take the hassle of Slane than fork out for a stadium show that has more potential for sound suffering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭rob316

And lads the queues are intentionally bad at these events. Can you actual imagine trying to control that crowd if they got all the drink they wanted into them. Security are far outnumbered.
    MCD could throw another 3 bars into the concessions if they wanted.

As a nightclub owner before told me, queues control the crowd. It doesn't make financial sense to let someone get tanked up early and have to throw them out or risk harm to your staff. Keep them there all night is the strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

One thing that should be fixed is the queue for the toilets

Because the entrance and exit was the same, it meant a choke at the entrance, queued ~15 mins and the urinals had next to nobody at them

Separate entrance and exit would fix that

• Registered Users Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Only used the Jack's once, pissed were I was, fcuk that

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Iceberg

For the live download, my barcode was not working so emailed them - they just added another batch (from Ticketmaster) and it worked this time, so for anyone that got the error - try again now

Because the entrance and exit was the same, it meant a choke at the entrance, queued ~15 mins and the urinals had next to nobody at them

At the toilets up at the back the entrance and exits were separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Dero

Apropos of nothing, but the cover art on the MP3s is a bit odd.

482508.png

Ya wha?! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Dero

Ya wha?! :confused:

That is embedded in all the MP3s (the ones that I downloaded anyway). The only other shows I have are RDS 2006 & Marley Park 2008 and they have more normal album type covers.

482511.jpg

482512.jpg

Aaaahhh now I'm with you. I thought you were playing the tracks in ProTools and you took a screenshot of your desktop!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

People queue to use a urinal at an outdoor gig? Maybe if I had to ****... but come on, we were built to piss into a bush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

mloc123 wrote: »
    People queue to use a urinal at an outdoor gig? Maybe if I had to ****... but come on, we were built to piss into a bush.

Every male started pissing against the walls outside GC entrance right after Ghost,a steward walked by going "ahh lads",my reply was "if they didnt want us pissing here they wouldnt have put a wall for us to do it against" :pac:

Dero wrote: »
    Apropos of nothing, but the cover art on the MP3s is a bit odd.

482508.png

yeah its a load of Bollocks wanted the Castle gates in the tri colour picture. Hopefully somone edits it in and ill applied to the download then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

iTunes gets slagged a lot but one thing easily done in it is to change the art work of songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

met190608.jpg

I'm gonna make a CD from the download to add to my collection. Gonna call it Hardwired...to Slane Destruct :D

Edit: Thanks to Outlaw Pete for helping me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

If there’s anyone not using their barcode and willing to PM me I would greatly appreciate it!

My eticket seems to have disappeared, though i took a screenshot of the qrcode etc, what number is to be entered?

phill106 wrote: »
    My eticket seems to have disappeared, though i took a screenshot of the qrcode etc, what number is to be entered?

If you log onto livemetallica.com, create an account and go to "scan ticket" on a laptop with a webcam, it allows to to scan the QR Code with the webcam. A box comes up automatically asking for access to it and you'll see from there how to do it.

I didn't do it this way but I presume it works for QR codes aswell as barcodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

I'm getting a runtime error when trying to download.

Getting the following
    Server Error in '/bigriver' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.

Anyone have any idea how to resolve?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Ah man what a concert, anyone who moans about slane needs a slap, it's a brilliant iconic venue and we should be celebrating the place instead of knocking it, OK getting drink and food isn't the easiest, I was just near bottom of the hill and went to the bar twice for tray of beer, it's a pain in the ass alright but it is what it is, as for going the toilet I went once behind a chipper van and once where I stood, not proud of that but gives me a little chuckle now when I think about it, slane Farm camping was brill craic Fri night with tunes blaring all round, fire lighting and plenty booze and mingling, myself and a friend headed off for firewood after a large number of cans and it took us an age to find our tent as we got lost, if you want privicy don't go camping though because your practically on top of each other but we loved it and will deffo be back, I'd love to see Springsteen actually

Advertisement