Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Lack of a belfast and Dublin date points to one big all Ireland date I imagine.

Slane all over it. Really hope for a great undercard, not the usual pale waves etc.

Although Tom morello and Prophets of rage would be welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

shamrock55 wrote: »
    ...as for going the toilet I went once behind a chipper van and once where I stood, not proud of that but gives me a little chuckle now when I think about it...

Vile. Put an animal in a field and I suppose this is what you get though...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Vile. Put an animal in a field and I suppose this is what you get though...

I pissed a couple of times where I was, I must be the worst kind of animal?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I pissed a couple of times where I was, I must be the worst kind of animal?

Yes. Don't ever do that.

Nugget89 wrote:
    Yes. Don't ever do that.

Hahaha, yea right, bring on the next piss fest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I was moving spot during FWTBT and walking through a group of people and nearly walked in front of a guy with his lad out pissing. He thought it was hilarious. Arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

We were operating a human shield system, 2 lads stand in front, the other pisses into a cup behind them.

There was a crush at the in/out when we tried to actually use the facilities provided so **** it. Needs must.

D.Q wrote:
    We were operating a human shield system, 2 lads stand in front, the other pisses into a cup behind them.

The poncho came in handy, not a single person spotted me. Went to the toilets once, fcuk that

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

The poncho came in handy, not a single person spotted me. Went to the toilets once, fcuk that

I was in there from 5:30 to 11:30 - had two wines, two double vodka and seven up and didn't go to the toilets once :eek: honestly don't know how I managed it

mimimcmc wrote:
    I was in there from 5:30 to 11:30 - had two wines, two double vodka and seven up and didn't go to the toilets once honestly don't know how I managed it

Not a hope I would have been able, and I had no alcohol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Lack of a belfast and Dublin date points to one big all Ireland date I imagine.

Slane all over it. Really hope for a great undercard, not the usual pale waves etc.

For who muse? Don't they normally give the ground a year to recover now?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Oh Jasus no way he’s useless tripe

My money is on AC/DC or GNR would be great to see agin

I get that he's not liked by a lot of people, but his popularity is at a ridic high.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Hahaha, yea right, bring on the next piss fest

There were people sitting out on the grass all day. Go to the toilets, or if you can't deal with the queueing, go to the fence outside the toilets where other lads were going. Don't piss where you are, it's utter scumbag behaviour.

callaway92 wrote:
    I get that he's not liked by a lot of people, but his popularity is at a ridic high.

People forget he had main stage slot at Glastonbury and by all accounts he was well received. Don't think it would draw me to Slane and I think they want more rock bands as opposed to Eminem or ugh Madonna.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

The Setlist for yesterdays show in Amsterdam looks better than the Slane one , even played no leaf clover

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

endainoz wrote: »
    People forget he had main stage slot at Glastonbury and by all accounts he was well received. Don't think it would draw me to Slane and I think they want more rock bands as opposed to Eminem or ugh Madonna.

Kanye headlined Glastonbury and it was genuinely one of the worst gigs in history. I've never seen such a mass exodus at a gig before. I was embarrassed for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

My ‘based on absolutely nothing’ prediction for next year is either Coldplay or Ed ****ing Sheeran.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The Nal wrote: »
    Kanye headlined Glastonbury and it was genuinely one of the worst gigs in history. I've never seen such a mass exodus at a gig before. I was embarrassed for him.

Sorry, but this is just hyperbole nonsense. 'Mass exodus'... Just stop will you . .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

endainoz wrote: »
    For who muse? Don't they normally give the ground a year to recover now?
    don't think so, they've had 2 gigs in one summer before.
    the ground will be back to normal in a few weeks.

if there's no gigs on a particular year, it's because MCD don't have an act to put there that can sell 60k+ (where Croker/Aviva/another stadium doesn't make more sense).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Plus im pretty sure his last headline show at Marlay didnt sell too well even with Pharell Williams as support.

Agreed on the Glastonbury performance, i watched it on tv and was actually looking forward to it because he does have a good few decent tunes but i turned it off after a few songs. Just lacked everything imo and cant see 50000-60000 going to Slane to see him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

callaway92 wrote: »
    Sorry, but this is just hyperbole nonsense. 'Mass exodus'... Just stop will you . .

I was there. I reckon 15,000 left. Maybe more. At one point there was a continuous stream of people visible, a queue basically, leaving over by the markets stalls.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Carmelo Flaky Comic

Sorry if this has been asked but I'm trying to download the audio from Metallica sight but can't get at my e-ticket. Has anyone had any luck contacting ticketmadter?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I would love to see Rammstein play Slane with some good support acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Sorry if this has been asked but I'm trying to download the audio from Metallica sight but can't get at my e-ticket. Has anyone had any luck contacting ticketmadter?

I emailed them about this exact issue a few days ago and have yet to hear back from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

As if MCD will give two fcuks. The tickets sales for this have been appalling. They could easily move this to the RDS and still not fill it. They have to do something to fill in the gaps.

Welcome back Nal.

How do you think this prediction worked out ?? :D:D:D :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I have a spare if anyone needs it.

Send me a pm.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I would love to see Rammstein play Slane with some good support acts.

Not a hope

greenspurs wrote:
    Welcome back Nal.

greenspurs wrote:
    How do you think this prediction worked out ??

Hard to take that lad seriously in fairness.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Imagine what Rammstein could have done with that stage :eek:

No way Rammstein would headline Slane though, maybe as a support act.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Nugget89 wrote: »
    There were people sitting out on the grass all day. Go to the toilets, or if you can't deal with the queueing, go to the fence outside the toilets where other lads were going. Don't piss where you are, it's utter scumbag behaviour.

i enjoy being a scumbag, so no. if the appropriate facilitates arent supplied, humans will simply be humans, i.e. supply appropriate facilities for humans to be humans or.....

again, nobody realised i was pissing, not even those i was with, there was also nobody sitting on the grass around us, and we did not move all day, ive a clear conscious, even being a 'scumbag':rolleyes:

i would do it again, no problem

Advertisement