Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica for Slane 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    i enjoy being a scumbag, so no. if the appropriate facilitates arent supplied, humans will simply be humans, i.e. supply appropriate facilities for humans to be humans or.....

again, nobody realised i was pissing, not even those i was with, there was also nobody sitting on the grass around us, and we did not move all day, ive a clear conscious, even being a 'scumbag':rolleyes:

i would do it again, no problem

dude, it is a problem.
    If Gardaí had seen you, there would be a problem.
    If someones child had seen you, there would be a problem.
    If someone ssat in your pi$$ , they would have a problem.

:rolleyes: if you cant see that. …

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

greenspurs wrote: »
    Welcome back Nal.

How do you think this prediction worked out ?? :D:D:D :rolleyes:
    The Nal wrote: »
    I was there. I reckon 15,000 left. Maybe more. At one point there was a continuous stream of people visible, a queue basically, leaving over by the markets stalls.

He clearly has serious issues with judging a crowd size.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Rammstein at Slane would be insane.

I dunno could they but tbf the only ever gig they did here is still one of the most talked about, any best gig ever thread on here even nearly half the thread is that one the rest probably not mentioning because they weren't in attendance. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Daft Punk reunion or Chemical Brothers. Skip rock/metal for a year. Would attract young scum is the only issue. Although there was plenty of old scum at Metallica reading the thread.

ACDC would be more than welcome though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I don't know has anyone mentioned it previously, but did you see the arena after the crowd had moved away.

It was a sea of plastic pint cups !! the ground was white with the lights shining on the plastic !

It was shocking to see the sea of plastic!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

I was actually wondering with the stage having no canopy on top how do they keep all the electrics safe?

I do recall Kirk slipped a few weeks ago due to rain too, must be a pain in the arse if it was proper lashing!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Rumours of Springsteen for next year

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Just seen on RTE website that Philomena Lynott has passed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I was there. I reckon 15,000 left. Maybe more. At one point there was a continuous stream of people visible, a queue basically, leaving over by the markets stalls.

Was just about to reply to tell you how it is, but then I’ve seen the responses below me.

Stop being an oddball.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Was just about to reply to tell you how it is, but then I’ve seen the responses below me.

Stop being an oddball.

The above is 100% true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I was looking at the setlist vs the times I have seen them and there was few songs I had never seen performed live, I really enjoyed Unforgiven and RTL.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The above is 100% true.

The below was song no. 26 of 29 - Looks fairly full.. you estimate 15,000 left? Where are you pulling this absolute guff out of?

The below was song no. 26 of 29 - Looks fairly full.. you estimate 15,000 left? Where are you pulling this absolute guff out of?

My eyes. Look at the people leaving at 2 mins 25. That was the case from about song 5 until the end. In all directions.

Some people thought he was great mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Imagine what Rammstein could have done with that stage :eek:

No way Rammstein would headline Slane though, maybe as a support act.

Throw in Tool and NIN and you would have an insane day on your hands!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

AC/DC or Coldplay id say will be the next Slane , more than likely it will be AC/DC cause hes been hinting that it will probably be them in recent interviews hes done and if there tour will be their last than im sure he will try to make sure Slane will be on the list of dates. It won't be muse cause they cant fill it , I hope it won't be Kanye but seeing as he got Eminem It wouldn't be a surprise. Green Day can't do it they have kinda fell of and are not as popular as they once were. Coldplay would sell it out in the day if they were to do it and they will be releasing something at that stage and have a massive fanbase here. There will come a time when Slane will have to cater towards the generic artists such as pop and rap cause there is only so many rock bands who are left to play it at this stage wouldnt be surpised if Ed Sheeran headlines it at some stage god help us
    Edit:
    Apparently Denis Desmond has come out and said that there is an offer on the table for Liam and Noel to reform at Slane but id say the chances of that happening are slim enough

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

The Metallica thread is the third most viewed thread in the forum? They still got it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭klose

Duffy98 wrote: »
    The Setlist for yesterdays show in Amsterdam looks better than the Slane one , even played no leaf clover

Not a whole ton different we got frantic instead of St. Anger, whisky instead of the god that failed and now that we're dead instead of here comes revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Not a hope

Why not? They sold out the O2 and they are currently on a European stadium tour that sold out long before it even started.
    GLaDOS wrote: »
    Imagine what Rammstein could have done with that stage :eek:

No way Rammstein would headline Slane though, maybe as a support act.

Rammstein haven't supported anyone in years and I doubt they will ever play a gig again where they aren't headlining. They're too big for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Muse played Marlay park about a decade ago, same as Metallica, they'd have a few songs your casual person going to Slane for the craic would know, and their music is generally more radio friendly than Metallica, I'd say they'd pull in at least 40,000 people.

I was there for both those gigs and Muse are an exceptional band live and a great fit for Slane.

Rammstein haven't supported anyone in years and I doubt they will ever play a gig again where they aren't headlining. They're too big for that.

Exactly not entirely sure they could get the nod for it but there is certainly more chance of it than them becoming a support act all of a sudden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

greenspurs wrote: »
    I don't know has anyone mentioned it previously, but did you see the arena after the crowd had moved away.

It was a sea of plastic pint cups !! the ground was white with the lights shining on the plastic !

It was shocking to see the sea of plastic!

Ya we hung around for a little while, it was really disgusting

https://www.instagram.com/p/BylcqMBCH2r/
    the last pic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Exactly not entirely sure they could get the nod for it but there is certainly more chance of it than them becoming a support act all of a sudden.

Rammstein have never had the crossover appeal of Metallica. Can't see it happening.

But then I didn't think Metallica could fill it either, and I'm a huge fan.

D.Q wrote: »
    Rammstein have never had the crossover appeal of Metallica. Can't see it happening.

But then I didn't think Metallica could fill it either, and I'm a huge fan.

Yup even though I was adamant they'd chance Metallica there never at all imagined they'd draw those numbers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Duffy98 wrote: »
    AC/DC or Coldplay id say will be the next Slane , more than likely it will be AC/DC cause hes been hinting that it will probably be them in recent interviews hes done and if there tour will be their last than im sure he will try to make sure Slane will be on the list of dates. It won't be muse cause they cant fill it , I hope it won't be Kanye but seeing as he got Eminem It wouldn't be a surprise. Green Day can't do it they have kinda fell of and are not as popular as they once were. Coldplay would sell it out in the day if they were to do it and they will be releasing something at that stage and have a massive fanbase here. There will come a time when Slane will have to cater towards the generic artists such as pop and rap cause there is only so many rock bands who are left to play it at this stage wouldnt be surpised if Ed Sheeran headlines it at some stage god help us
    Edit:
    Apparently Denis Desmond has come out and said that there is an offer on the table for Liam and Noel to reform at Slane but id say the chances of that happening are slim enough

I think he says that pretty much ever year

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

Never thought I'd be defending Nal, but he said 15,000 left the gig. I'd well believe that. There may have been 50-60k left?! A LOT of people check out the start of big name headliners with no intention of staying (especially if it's as bad as Kanye seemed to be!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I remember we left Deadmau5 and went to Kanye and could barely get into the pyramid area

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

I'm not sure if it's a relevant argument tbh, festival crowds are different. How many of that Glastonbury crowd got their ticket for Kanye West specifically? Not too many. And a lot of them would turn their noses at a non rock band headliner for something like Glastonbury. So a standalone gig wouldn't have the problem of people leaving.

With all that said though, I don't think he'd be popular enough to fill out slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,494 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

greenspurs wrote:
    dude, it is a problem. If Gardaí had seen you, there would be a problem. If someones child had seen you, there would be a problem. If someone ssat in your pi$$ , they would have a problem.

whoopty ****ing doo lads, again, the facilities are not adequate, hence this kind of behaviour, I'm awaiting my punishment. I've been arrested before, it really isn't much of a deal. Ffs, humans piss all over the planet, do we really need to protect the children this much? Again, nobody seen me as I was well concealed within a poncho. If someone sat in my piss, they probably wouldnt know about it. Again, the facilities are piss poor in the venue, this needs to be addressed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

there were A LOT of gobsh1tes at Kanye who seemed to be there despite seemingly hating him and his music, and hoping for a car-crash. some left throughout the set.
    Most stayed until the end. I thought it was good overall, with a few fcuk-ups.

I can't quite understand the mentality of what sort of sad bastard you have to be to go to an act you don't like when there's a wealth of other things and bands to check out, but ho-hum....

as said, he didn't sell out Marlay Park, so even with about 20k bandwagoners that Slane brings in he probably wouldn't be booked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Ah here lads, who here gives a flying **** about Kanye West? :mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement