Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR Stole Money from my account

Options
  • 19-09-2018 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Last Tuesday evening i try to purchase a Samsung j3 online for a friend of mine but when i got to my banking verification step to complete the purchase of 129.99 i didnt recieve the 6 digit code so i was unable to complete the purchase
    the next day i checked my bank account Eir had taken the 129.99 out of my account 
    I contacted customer service online but they couldnt help me as I hadnt account number???
    How could i have an account number when i didnt receive a receipt for my purchase ???
    i have raised a fraud case with my bank PTSB 
    i cant understand why eir wont acknowledge the transaction and either give me a refund or contact me and send the new phone i tried to purchase

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Liongard82

Can I add to this scenario.  I also tried to set up a Mobile Contract with Eir, online, for 44 euro a month with a Huawei Mobile as part of the contract.  
    I did receive a confirmation email, however, my daughter deleted it in error.  I called Eir to confirm order, however, No one could find it!!!  A direct debit was set up and I have my credit card details as a holder and I am worried that this order seems to have just disappeared!  I am also worried that no doubt I will be charged 44 euro in a months time!!! 

• Registered Users Posts: 9 KevinM1983

I would be very surprised if they dont take your 44 euro
    i spent over 2 hours on calls to multiple agent from EIR to tell me they couldnt find my order 
    they were able to take 129.99 out of my account but cant find it???
    My definition of what they have done is stealing

It would be nice if someone competent from Eir could come on here and sort these issues as the Call Centre and Webchat is a useless as a Chocolate Fireguard.   

Liongard82 wrote: »
    It would be nice if someone competent from Eir could come on here and sort these issues as the Call Centre and Webchat is a useless as a Chocolate Fireguard.   
    I spoke to a so called Team leader who took my details and guarenteed me she would ring me back and rectify the situation
    that was last wednesday go figure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Can I add to this scenario.  I also tried to set up a Mobile Contract with Eir, online, for 44 euro a month with a Huawei Mobile as part of the contract.  
    I did receive a confirmation email, however, my daughter deleted it in error.  I called Eir to confirm order, however, No one could find it!!!  A direct debit was set up and I have my credit card details as a holder and I am worried that this order seems to have just disappeared!  I am also worried that no doubt I will be charged 44 euro in a months time!!! 
    Just ring them and tell them that as they can't find your order you're going to stop the direct debit as a precaution. Job done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

You could check with the bank but it's likely the money was pre-authorised and put on hold pending the transaction being finalised. It's still in your account, just can't be accessed for a day or two.

emeldc wrote: »
    Just ring them and tell them that as they can't find your order you're going to stop the direct debit as a precaution. Job done!
    Good Idea.  I may just do that anyway as stuck on hold for 40 odd minutes does not fill me with joy!

TheChizler wrote: »
    You could check with the bank but it's likely the money was pre-authorised and put on hold pending the transaction being finalised. It's still in your account, just can't be accessed for a day or two.
    I am afraid not they took the 129.99 last tuesday...I have raised a fraud case with my bank ..
    Eir hanging up my calls 
    team leaders promising to call back and then not
    Looks likely i will have hard time getting my money back or the phone i tried to purchase

KevinM1983 wrote: »
    I am afraid not they took the 129.99 last tuesday...I have raised a fraud case with my bank ..
    Eir hanging up my calls 
    Looks likely i will have hard time getting my money back or the phone i tried to purchase
    Tuesday the 18th or 11th? Either way authorisation holds can take up to 7 days to be resolved, I wouldn't go assuming the worst yet. Have the bank confirmed that the funds have actually been received by eir?

Eir hanging up my calls 
    Tuesday the 18th or 11th? Either way authorisation holds can take up to 7 days to be resolved, I wouldn't go assuming the worst yet. Have the bank confirmed that the funds have actually been received by eir?
    Tuesday the 11th the bank has confirmed the funds have been taken...i have had to sent a letter to the visa dept of my bank to dispute the transaction
    I am amazed how poor Eir customer service is as they dont seem to have any interest in resolving it
    I spent another 90 mins on the phone today speaking to various agents 
    I have emailed them screenshots of the money being taken from my account as it is the only proof i have a transaction took place
    I also placed a formal complaint with eir on the 18th and have heard nothing back

• Advertisement

There should be a transaction ID available from the bank, eir should be able to look it up from their end. I've had huge trouble with eir's billing systems in the past, this kind of thing isn't unusual unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

The reps must be on holidays!

There should be a transaction ID available from the bank, eir should be able to look it up from their end. I've had huge trouble with eir's billing systems in the past, this kind of thing isn't unusual unfortunately.
    I sent that to EIR along with screenshots of the monies taken from my account
    They are still spouting on that its difficult due to me not having an eir account
    how could i have an eir account on a new purchase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Last Tuesday evening i try to purchase a Samsung j3 online for a friend of mine but when i got to my banking verification step to complete the purchase of 129.99 i didnt recieve the 6 digit code so i was unable to complete the purchase
    the next day i checked my bank account Eir had taken the 129.99 out of my account 
    I contacted customer service online but they couldnt help me as I hadnt account number???
    How could i have an account number when i didnt receive a receipt for my purchase ???
    i have raised a fraud case with my bank PTSB 
    i cant understand why eir wont acknowledge the transaction and either give me a refund or contact me and send the new phone i tried to purchase

Kevin
    Hi KevinM1983, 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you and I'm very sorry to hear that we have deducted this money in error. 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Liongard82, 

I'm really sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves. 

Feel free to PM me your full name, address and mobile number and I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Is this a common thing with Eir? Just stealing money ?

I tried to top up my daughters phone yesterday(she's 9), I got an error message saying it hadn't processed and would be investigated  I tried again and got the same message. Funnily enough, there were 2 payments of €20 taken from my bank account. I got on the live chat yesterday afternoon to try and get an explanation. I was told they could only talk to my daughter as its her account(she doesn't have an account, it is a PAYG phone). So someone out in the Philippines wanted to speak to my 9yr old through live chat. Absolutely shambolic customer service. 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Hi KevinM1983, 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you and I'm very sorry to hear that we have deducted this money in error. 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

So eir reply to a post stating you don’t have an account number by asking for an account number! Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

bee06 wrote: »

So eir reply to a post stating you don’t have an account number by asking for an account number! Wow

Exact same thing I was asked multiple times yesterday despite me stating it was my daughters phone and she doesn't have an account number. The cut and paste replies are so tedious, particularly on the live chat. 

bee06 wrote: »
    Hi KevinM1983, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Shocking customer service it is two weeks ago tomorrow since they stole the money and i am no closer to getting it back
    Numerous calls to eir customer care and still this same crap that they cant resolve it without an account number

• Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Stole the money is a bit strong. Stealing suggests intent.

Obviously it's a mistake. Even if you did order it you have a two weeks from the date of delivery to the change your mind and return it for a full refund.

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote: »

Obviously it's a mistake. Even if you did order it you have a two weeks from the date of delivery to the change your mind and return it for a full refund.
    Bit hard to return it for a full refund when EIR wont acknowledge the transaction or return the monies they took
    So i dont think stole the money is a bit strong...There may have not been intent to take it ...But they havent gave it back either

Go back to sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Sleeper12 wrote: »

Bit hard to return it for a full refund when EIR wont acknowledge the transaction or return the monies they took
    So i dont think stole the money is a bit strong...There may have not been intent to take it ...But they havent gave it back either

Go back to sleep
    Just do a chargeback on your card. Simplest solution.

Go back to sleep
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence. Eir have a poor payments/CRM system, nobody's money you has been stolen. You may need to make a complaint to get it back but you will get it back.

Go back to sleep
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence. Eir have a poor payments/CRM system, nobody's money you has been stolen. You may need to make a complaint to get it back but you will get it back.
    I have made a complaint ...its two weeks later and im no closer to a resolution than when i started
    EIR have made no effort to rectify my issue and all i seem to be doing is constantly chasing them 
    I hope your right and i receive my money back but i dont have your confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

I have made a complaint ...its two weeks later and im no closer to a resolution than when i started
    EIR have made no effort to rectify my issue and all i seem to be doing is constantly chasing them 
    As Sleeper12 said just do a charge back to the card you used to pay eir. Ask at your bank's customer service desk for forms for a charge back + they should be able to help you. I wouldn't have the patience to wait on eir to fix it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

You can just have your bank refund the direct debit if it's taken (or your bank may give you the option of approving or rejecting each DD transaction that hits your account).

Go back to sleep
    Hi KevinM1983, 

I completely understand your frustration. I've responded to your PM. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement