Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction Work - Clarion

• 19-09-2018 3:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭

Hi all, anyone notice the works commencing on the patch of land beside the Arc Bar and in front of the Caption Hotel?
    Anyone got any idea what's going in there?
    Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭5500

I heard it was a burger king drive through and a Costa coffee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

5500 wrote: »
    I heard it was a burger king drive through and a Costa coffee

KFC too afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Thanks guys, I'd forgotten about those projects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Heroditas wrote: »
    Thanks guys, I'd forgotten about those projects.

Was there a drive thru pizza place also in the plans for it?

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

Is it any wonder we are a nation of fatties when it’s all fast food outlets being built along with having them drive through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Jimmy. wrote: »
    Is it any wonder we are a nation of fatties when it’s all fast food outlets being built along with having them drive through.

You dont have to go there. All in moderation and you be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

He has a point though. Lucan / Adamstown / Clondalkin over 100,000 population and we don't even have the likes of a Wagamama, no sushi restaurants, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

unkel wrote: »
    He has a point though. Lucan / Adamstown / Clondalkin over 100,000 population and we don't even have the likes of a Wagamama, no sushi restaurants, etc.

I fully agree, the last thing the area needs is yet more fried fast food.

There is however a fantastic sushi restaurant in Leixlip called Koshiba (https://www.koshibaleixlip.ie/)

I know they deliver to Lucan village, not sure about further afield. Its a bit in the pricey side but I found it very good for take away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

unkel wrote: »

Wagamama is not what it used to be. It was brilliant at first but quality gone downhill.

Sushi restaurant failed in Dundrum shopping centre, so not sure it would do any better in Liffey Valley.

I am not a fan of the fast food outlets either, would prefer to see a bowling alley go in there with some crazy golf areas etc. Something for the kids.

ArthurG wrote: »
    There is however a fantastic sushi restaurant in Leixlip called Koshiba (https://www.koshibaleixlip.ie/)

I know they deliver to Lucan village, not sure about further afield. Its a bit in the pricey side but I found it very good for take away.

Yes, I've had their sushi several times, not bad at all. Not one of the cheaper ones though. Taro in Ongar is cheaper and better. Bit of a trek though...
    Sushi restaurant failed in Dundrum shopping centre, so not sure it would do any better in Liffey Valley.

It was probably the most expensive sushi place in western Europe. Not even the good people shopping in Dundrum with all their excess money falling out of their pockets had an appetite for those prices :p

• Advertisement

Was at Taro (Ongar) early this evening and it was closed :(

Hopefully it's being refurbished or something

Went to Umi sushi (Coolmine) instead and had a Bento box. Miso soup, 4 sushi nori, 2 gyoza and a generous portion of teryaki salmon, vegetables and rice. Pretty decent food and all that for just over a tenner. Why the hell can't we have anything like that in Lucan?

Apologies for off thread...

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

Sushi is for yuppies, grand if your an office worker, non physical work related job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

To the other side of the Lemongrass it seems there is a Flyefit bring built....

Or at least the workers have high visibility vests saying Flyefit on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Sushi is for yuppies, grand if your an office worker, non physical work related job.

Oh for Christ sake, spare us the working class hero rubbish would you.

Breakfast rolls for you every day, Sir?

Good stuff. We won't have to pay much for your old age pension so :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

http://www.echo.ie/clondalkin/article/council-s-decision-to-grant-go-ahead-for-takeaways-in-liffey-valley-upheld

This article gives the details. KFC, Burger King, Costa Coffee and Sbarro Pizza will be the occupiers.

Advertisement