Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Update on issues affecting eir systems

Options
  • 19-09-2018 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭

We are aware of a hardware issue that is impacting our customer service systems as well as some of our online services including webmail and the My eir portal. We are working with our partners to replace the faulty hardware and apologise for any inconvenience to our customers. We expect service to resume as normal later this evening or in the early part of tomorrow.

If you have any queries on this or any other issue please feel free to get in touch with our Social Media teams at Facebook, Twitter

We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience during this time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Eir should subscribe to an external web site monitoring service. These services probe your web site for availability and response times from many different locations.

Reality is, this outage should have been detected on Monday as soon as it began. Your IT dept. and/or service providers have let the company down badly here. Your customer care dept. were not aware of the issue and were ill informed. There was no joined up thinking here, head in the sand type scenario.

Learn from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

JDxtra wrote: »
    Eir should subscribe to an external web site monitoring service. These services probe your web site for availability and response times from many different locations.

Reality is, this outage should have been detected on Monday as soon as it began. Your IT dept. and/or service providers have let the company down badly here. Your customer care dept. were not aware of the issue and were ill informed. There was no joined up thinking here, head in the sand type scenario.

Learn from it.
    How do you know it wasn't detected on Monday? How do you know Eir do not have an "external website monitoring service" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭JDxtra

JDxtra wrote: »

Learn from it.
    How do you know it wasn't detected on Monday? How do you know Eir do not have an "external website monitoring service" ?
    Because of the messages posted by Eir both here and on their Twitter support page. If they had a monitoring service, their vendor/internal IT dept. would have alerted customer care about the problem much sooner. Instead customer care had to take the brunt of the complaints without having either a time-frame for the fix or clarity on the actual issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Philippe14

At the very least, it is obvious that they don't correctly communicate internally, and that they don't communicate with the customers on a pro-active base. The fact that they still haven't put a notice on Facebook for example, is fairly bad. How were people who could not access eir.ie get informed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ally9288

Well it is indeed past the expected time of when it was meant to be fixed, still can't log into myeir....

I don't want to sound like an old fuddy duddy when complaining, but lads you are a telecoms company, all things internet and comms is meant to be your thing, like you're meant to excel be all action at sorting out the problems, like this is your thing! It's been days and days now

• Advertisement

Well it is indeed past the expected time of when it was meant to be fixed, still can't log into myeir....

I don't want to sound like an old fuddy duddy when complaining, but lads you are a telecoms company, all things internet and comms is meant to be your thing, like you're meant to excel be all action at sorting out the problems, like this is your thing! It's been days and days now

• Registered Users Posts: 10 inkdog

We are aware of a hardware issue that is impacting our customer service systems as well as some of our online services including webmail and the My eir portal. We are working with our partners to replace the faulty hardware and apologise for any inconvenience to our customers. We expect service to resume as normal later this evening or in the early part of tomorrow.

If you have any queries on this or any other issue please feel free to get in touch with our Social Media teams at Facebook, Twitter

We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience during this time.

I have been unable to log in to my eir to manage my account for over a month. I registered initially when I moved to eir just over a month ago. Now I cannot log in. When I tried the password I set up, it would not entertain it. When I try to reset password it will not work. It does not even recognise my number and email address to be connected any more. It is like I have been wiped from the system. With the stupid plan I am on I cannot phone customer care either.

Still can't log into myEir, chatted with the online service, they couldn't find any record of any of my numbers, almost like I don't exist, how long does it take to change hardware? I've said it before you are a telecoms company, this is meant to be the one thing you are good at

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Philippe14

Is you "my.eir.ie" actually fixed? Because, even though I am on eir fiber, it takes so long, once I have entered my password, to log in, that by the time it is done it is already displaying a message about my session being about to expire.

I am trying to setup the direct debit, and after about 5 minutes, it is still thinking, the "about to expire" message has appeared 4 times, and it is still not working. 

Your site even displayed the "session is about to expire" message WHILE I am typing something.

All other sites on Internet that I have tried to use are working normally, so this is coming from your server. And it has been continuously doing that since the outage you had. So I cannot set the direct debit that is required to pay you. I have tried several times already. Have your tech people still not been able to fix the basics in all that time?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Same issue here, my eir has never worked properly in years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement