Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirsport 2 on Sky - Poor reception

• 19-09-2018 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi, I subscribed to the Eir/Bt package on Sky last week but my Eirsport 2 channel is really poor. There seems to be a lag & the picture & sound keeps pixellating. Is there an issue with this channel in general & if so do you have a fix. I expected more for almost €30 per month.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

gtothek wrote: »
    Hi, I subscribed to the Eir/Bt package on Sky last week but my Eirsport 2 channel is really poor. There seems to be a lag & the picture & sound keeps pixellating. Is there an issue with this channel in general & if so do you have a fix. I expected more for almost €30 per month.

Check NHK world HD and RT HD, they share the same transponder as eir sport 2HD
    If they’re giving similar issues then it’s not an eir problem and most likely your dish/box/cable or outside interference causing the symptoms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

gtothek wrote: »
    Hi gthothek,

We have had no reported issues of this however I will query this for you. Have you also contacted your service provider for TV to rule out any possible issues on that end also?

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ian D

We are having the same problem. Really bad breakdown of picture during Connaught v Munster match, last night (mainly 2nd half) had to change over to Tg4 also through Sky had no problem there!. This problem has been the case for all matches in the pro14 series. Really disappointing since we subscribe to eir mainly for rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Ian D wrote: »
    We are having the same problem. Really bad breakdown of picture during Connaught v Munster match, last night (mainly 2nd half) had to change over to Tg4 also through Sky had no problem there!.  This problem has been the case for all matches in the pro14 series. Really disappointing since we subscribe to eir mainly for rugby.
    Hi Ian D, 

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your eir Sports. 

The team you need to contact is our technical team. They can be contacted by calling 1890260260 or our online web chat technical team. They can be contacted here

This team will be able to investigate this in real-time. 

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

- Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Is there a fix for this?. I'm experiencing terrible buffering on eirsport 2 through a sky box

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

dish elevation is probably the issue - aswell as weak signal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I have also had this issue with eir sport channels over the last while and the BT Sport channels too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Peter File wrote: »
    Is there a fix for this?. I'm experiencing terrible buffering on eirsport 2 through a sky box
    I have also had this issue with eir sport channels over the last while and the BT Sport channels too.
    Hi Peter File and @ Tigerandahalf, 

You will need to contact Sky in regard to this.

Alternatively, you can contact our eir Sport customer care team on 0818203040

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement