Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Status 65536 appearing on Text messages.

Options
  • 19-09-2018 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what this is?!? Have just noticed today on Details for texts, that it says Status: 65536 on some texts I've sent today. Some not all. Also last text I sent has been charged 39c when it should only be 15c, don't know if that has anything to do with the Status: 65536 thing though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Anyone know what this is?!? Have just noticed today on Details for texts, that it says Status: 65536 on some texts I've sent today. Some not all. Also last text I sent has been charged 39c when it should only be 15c, don't know if that has anything to do with the Status: 65536 thing though.

Mms are probably 39c.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sounds like you're sending messages greater than 160 characters in length.

These can either be sent as MMS (1000 chars, 39c) or multiple SMS chained together (each about 140).

I suspect whatever your phone is doing to chain messages may be triggering that error. If they're actually sending then don't worry about it or get a different texting app.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If it is of any relevance 65536 = 2^16.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Tis, either the message itself or the error reply from the network is rolling over.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

ED E wrote: »
    Sounds like you're sending messages greater than 160 characters in length.

These can either be sent as MMS (1000 chars, 39c) or multiple SMS chained together (each about 140).

I suspect whatever your phone is doing to chain messages may be triggering that error. If they're actually sending then don't worry about it or get a different texting app.

concatenated SMS

Advertisement