Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bandsaw woodworkers

Options
  • 19-09-2018 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know a woodworker in the South Dublin area who would cut me some wood on a bandsaw? Im looking to cut it into 2mm thicknesses, odd one i know. I want to import the wood from outside Ireland and cut it up, but would prefer a professional do it for me. I have spoken to a few places and they have said they will only work on wood they have in stock, insurance etc.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

What type of wood, and what sizes. 2 mm thick x what width??

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭saltrock2007

Paulownia wood. Dimensions would be 1500 x 140 x 2 mm, cut from a block of 1500 x 140 x 40mm. Doesn't have to be 140mm, it can be less.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Why cant you import Paulownia veneer?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Was looking for someone to do something similar with quartersawn bog oak too. Definitely need to get a good bandsaw.

Advertisement