Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when will BoI have Google Pay or Android payments?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭duckofdeath

Meanwhile, in Ireland....
    1 in 4 uses contact payment on mobile. None of them with BOI... :(
    https://www.techcentral.ie/irish-consumers-use-contactless-and-digital-payments-more-than-cash/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭touts

Any update on this? Will the new app include this functionality? With Covid-19 surely  contactless payment systems over €50 should be the top priority of every bank (although most already use Google Pay and Apple Pay for a couple of years at this point).

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

touts wrote: »
    Any update on this? Will the new app include this functionality? With Covid-19 surely  contactless payment systems over €50 should be the top priority of every bank (although most already use Google Pay and Apple Pay for a couple of years at this point).
    Its unreal that contactless payment is still not with BOI. The person coming up with their business strategy needs a proper sacking. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Touts,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today.

Mobile payment functions are currently in development and we plan to introduce them in 2021. The new mobile app is being released this year on a phased basis. This is the first customer offering built on our new platform, which provides us with a stable foundation to introduce new features to the mobile app on an ongoing basis.

If we can help with anything else, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch.

Thanks again,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭touts

2021!  3-4 years after every other bank switched on the functionality?  In a pandemic when contactless payments are the only safe way to shop and high use PIN keypads are probably the highest risk touch point people will come across?

OK.  Off to Revolut so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Touts,

Thanks for getting back to us here.

We’re sorry to hear this. We appreciate all customer feedback, positive and negative. We’ll be sure to pass this on to our development team. We’ll certainly update our customers once more information becomes available closer to the launch date.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

2021??? Ok I think time to go. Been hanging on for the new app and some digital improvements for over 2 years now.

Got a revolut to use contact less on my phone with c19 and this is they way it will be for coming years.

how are BOI so far behind on this,, I am sure you're aware but taking a long time to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Not sure why people are lauding Revolut so much, I can't even get passed their sign up. I tried at least 20 times to sign up but not once got their confirmation SMS with passcode. If they can't even get that right...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Try N26. Very simple to use and the card is complety free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Bulmers,

Thanks for joining the thread.

We have our new App launching over a phased basis this year with lots of additional features and enhanced security. When this becomes available to you, we would be delighted to hear your feedback on it.

Phone payments are currently being worked on will be introduced in 2021.

We hope the above helps and we will certainly pass on your comments to our Digital Development Team.

Many thanks
    Alison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Yourmama

Poncke wrote:
    Not sure why people are lauding Revolut so much, I can't even get passed their sign up. I tried at least 20 times to sign up but not once got their confirmation SMS with passcode. If they can't even get that right...

You must be doing something wrong. I never had an issue with them and haven't heard of this type of problem from others. Revolut is far superior from BOI, the only caveat is they are not a bank and therefore you are not guaranteed your funds back when they go bust. Still worth it in my opinion, I just don't keep big money with them.

Advertisement