Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered a paper statement but received an eStatment

Options
  • 19-09-2018 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I normally get eStatments so have my account set to receive this try only.

I need one paper statement by post.
    So I log in to 365 online go to service desk and order statement.
    There are two options Up to Date Statement and Paper copy of a statement. Perfect! I pick the Paper copy of a statement and enter the dates and statement number etc...
    Today I get an email saying my eStatment will be soon be ready to view online, no mention of a paper copy being sent.

When can I expect the paper copy to arrive and why am I getting an eStatment that I didn't order?

Thanks. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi tuxy,

Thanks for your post.

The option to order a paper copy statement is for requesting paper copies of previous statements. These statements are issued by post and the charge is €3.80 for the first page and €2.50 for any additional pages. They take 5-7 days and are sent to the address on your account.

To switch paper statements on for your account, please select Manage Accounts then Manage Statements. Any time an up to date statement is issued, it will produce as an estatement and a paper statement if you have them switched on.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yes that's what I wanted a once off duplicate paper statement, however the email I received said it will be an eStatment. 
    I'm sure I picked the paper statement option.
    Will it arrive by post even though I got an email saying it will be online?

I just got an email to say that a paper statement will be posted. It's a bit confusing to first get a message about online statements but at least it seem it's been processed in a timely manner. 
    Thanks. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi Tuxy,

Thank you for getting back to us. When you order an up to date statement an e statement is automatically generated as well. You do get confirmation of both statements separately.

We apologise for any confusion.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

Hi tuxy,

Thanks for your post.

The option to order a paper copy statement is for requesting paper copies of previous statements. These statements are issued by post and the charge is €3.80 for the first page and €2.50 for any additional pages. They take 5-7 days and are sent to the address on your account.

To switch paper statements on for your account, please select Manage Accounts then Manage Statements. Any time an up to date statement is issued, it will produce as an estatement and a paper statement if you have them switched on.

Thanks,
    Tara
    Those charges are pretty ludicrous, so to receive a 10 page statement would cost about 26 quid!! Holy $£€¢

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

KingCong wrote: »
    Hi tuxy,

Thanks for your post.

Thanks,
    Tara
    Those charges are pretty ludicrous, so to receive a 10 page statement would cost about 26 quid!! Holy $£€¢

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.
    The charges given above would be only in relation to duplicate statements that are sent out to you in the post. These statements would be available free of charges to print out yourself through the "Statements" section within your 365 online profile.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

How long should a duplicate statement take to arrive in the post? 
    I requested it on the 18th and got an email on the 20th saying it would be posted the next day.
    I've had no problem receiving post from an post recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

tuxy wrote: »
    How long should a duplicate statement take to arrive in the post? 
    I requested it on the 18th and got an email on the 20th saying it would be posted the next day.
    I've had no problem receiving post from an post recently

Hi there,

A posted statement will arrive between 5-7 working days. If this time period has passed and you haven't received your statement please come back to us.

Many Thanks

John

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Hi, still no statement in the post[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]This is the last email I received about it on the 20th of last month so it's overdue at this point. [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Your Duplicate Statement has been completed and will be posted today.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Bank of Ireland Duplicate Statement Unit.[/font]

I've no had any problems with my post. In fact I ordered some Items from china around the same time as the statement and these items have arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Hi, still no statement in the post[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]This is the last email I received about it on the 20th of last month so it's overdue at this point. [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font]

I've no had any problems with my post. In fact I ordered some Items from china around the same time as the statement and these items have arrived.

Hi tuxy,

Thanks for getting back to us. I would ask that you raise this query by Logging into your account through a PC/laptop, Select service desk from the left hand navigation bar and select 'Ask a question' and one of our advisors will be happy to look into this for you and see what was ordered on the account.

Thanks Jen

• Advertisement

Hi again, I got a response from the service desk and I'm still not sure what happened or where it went wrong.

On 365online I ordered this

463280.png

Then I got this email

463281.png

I was then charged this

463282.png

This is the response for the service desk

463283.png

So all the correspondence I have had with BOI talked about a paper statement and led me to believe that one was in the post however because of a setting on my account that I was not told about I will not receive the postal statement but I will still be charged for it?

I urgently need a proof of address can BOI post me a statement?

Hi again, I got a response from the service desk and I'm still not sure what happened or where it went wrong.

On 365online I ordered this

463280.png

Then I got this email

463281.png

I was then charged this

463282.png

This is the response for the service desk

463283.png

So all the correspondence I have had with BOI talked about a paper statement and led me to believe that one was in the post however because of a setting on my account that I was not told about I will not receive the postal statement but I will still be charged for it?

I urgently need a proof of address can BOI post me a statement?

Thanks for that,
    Can I ask when you received the email stating that your Duplicate statements had been ordered?
    Also just to confirm that the charges that you have quoted is in relation to current account fees and not the duplicate statement that were ordered.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

I got confirmation that I had ordered it on the 19th and the email saying it would be in the post the next day was on the 20th of last month. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭wally79

I got confirmation that I had ordered it on the 19th and the email saying it would be in the post the next day was on the 20th of last month. 

How about ordering a replacement debit card.

Would the letter that is attached to suffice as proof of address?

I'm not sure I'd have to look in to it. I'd still like to know why ordering a paper copy of a statement does not come on paper. 

Brilliant, and can I ask if you've double checked that the address registered on your account is correct?
    You can check this by going into the e-statement section of your 365 online profile and check the address on the most recent statement available there.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Yes the address on my latest e-statement is correct. 

Yes the address on my latest e-statement is correct. 

In this case I'd ask you to raise this again through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 online profile and the advisers there will be more than happy to check on why you have not received this statement yet.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

Was the last advice I got from the help desk incorrect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi tuxy,

Thanks for getting back to us.

It would be best to raise this through the Service Desk as they would be able to check all previous messages and will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Lorna 

• Advertisement
Advertisement