Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness plan offered in gym

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

My general experience: poor.

But it really depends on who you get as the instructor. Some can be really good and spend time with you, give you a good plan and good instruction and make some amendments. Others are pure sh*t, spending a mere 5 mins on the 'check up' stage, not going through anything or checking that you're doing everything correctly.

My advice: get the initial one, see what they say, and then just change it or increase it as you feel suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

+1 to convert's advice.

Very much depends on who you get instructor-wise. There are only a few I would have genuine faith in, and have seen several overseeing really poor form and not correcting it. Are you a student or a private member? If it's the latter you might have a better chance of getting one of the better trainers.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 vgf1995

I'm a student. Never got into the gym during my undergrad, and now that i'm back for my Master's i thought I'd give it a go.

Kind of expected it wouldn't be necessary great. Oh well, I'll give it a try regardless. Never properly been to a gym before so any help is good help!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

You can pay separately for personal training if that's something of interest to you down the line as well.

Advertisement