Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1% pay increase

Options
  • 19-09-2018 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Did we get a 1% pay increase from 1st september?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Millem wrote: »
    Hi all,

Did we get a 1% pay increase from 1st september?

Thanks

October it starts, I think. A circular has been published on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Yep, 1st Oct for all salaries

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Great thanks a million:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Great thanks a million:)

Don't spend it all in the one shop :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Can't wait. Think I might buy a campervan and go around Europe with my €200 (after tax)....

• Advertisement

dory wrote: »
    Can't wait. Think I might buy a campervan and go around Europe with my €200 (after tax)....

To be fair, I'll take whatever I can get and when I count up the various small amounts over the last 2-3 years, it isn't that bad. Naturally I want more.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭acequion

TheDriver wrote: »
    To be fair, I'll take whatever I can get and when I count up the various small amounts over the last 2-3 years, it isn't that bad. Naturally I want more.....

Yep, but don't forget it's money that was originally taken off us, drip fed back with conditions. And tiny tear drop drip at that!

acequion wrote: »
    Yep, but don't forget it's money that was originally taken off us, drip fed back with conditions. And tiny tear drop drip at that!

Yes but I still prefer to be getting it back in drops than not at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

TheDriver wrote: »

It's less than inflation ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

It's less than inflation ffs.

The rate of inflation (CPI) is at .35 % for 2018 so far.
    1% is small, but not below inflation.
    September 2019 we get 1.5% and oct 2020 it is 2%
    As the driver said its better than the cuts we were getting a few years ago.

It should be noted however the increases will only be to core pay, nothing on the allowances, so those of us lucky to be pre 2011 will not see an increase to the allowances. The post 2011 cohort had the degree allowance inserted to their pay scale so at least they get the full benefit of the increase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

It should be noted however the increases will only be to core pay, nothing on the allowances, so those of us lucky to be pre 2011 will not see an increase to the allowances. The post 2011 cohort had the degree allowance inserted to their pay scale so at least they get the full benefit of the increase.

Nice one is everyone on pre 2011 getting 1.5% in 2019 and 2% in 2020?
    I will be on one of those increments that don’t move!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

1% means nothing to me as a post 2012!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Can we amend the thread title to " A small bit of pay restoration!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Nice one is everyone on pre 2011 getting 1.5% in 2019 and 2% in 2020?
    I will be on one of those increments that don’t move!

Yeah I'm stuck on one of those to for the next few years.

Yes, thats what is set out under the terms of the current agreement. Now if we engage in industrial action they wont happen and of course if brexit turns out to be the cluster fcuk it is currently shaping up to be then our government will ptobably renege on the deal also.....so I wouldn't be counting on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

That's what happens when employers go bankrupt.

Thankfully you're still in the job and getting it fed back, many others were not so lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/pay-to-be-restored-for-up-to-60-000-public-sector-workers-1.3637455?mode=amp&localLinksEnabled=true

The deal, likely to be announced early next week, would be worth an average of about €3,300 for those hired following the introduction of austerity-era pay cuts.

Under the terms of the deal, State employees hired over the past seven years would “jump” one point on their incremental pay scale next year and a further point in 2020

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

You obviously aren't trying to rent or buy if you really think real inflation is .35%

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

But is it taken off most people?, like considering anyone who joined in the last few years, they didn't have the wages taken from them, they took jobs for a certain pay, so now in essence they will be getting a pay increase.

Obv if you were in employment when the cuts happened, then you are getting the money back. So it's different cohorts of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭acequion

Ace2007 wrote: »
    But is it taken off most people?, like considering anyone who joined in the last few years, they didn't have the wages taken from them, they took jobs for a certain pay, so now in essence they will be getting a pay increase.

Obv if you were in employment when the cuts happened, then you are getting the money back. So it's different cohorts of people.

Good point. And helps to explain why younger teacher are more accepting of increased workloads and inferior working conditions. Though that,in itself, is sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

TheDriver wrote:
    Yes but I still prefer to be getting it back in drops than not at all

Profound and enlightening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Sir123

A 1% increase to post 2011 workers is a kick in the teeth. We might as well not be getting anything. I don't want 1%, 1.75% and 2% by 2020. I and my lesser paid colleagues want full pay inequality and we want it now.

I still don't understand why we're getting these increases when all teacher unions voted no to pssa. I know we haven't repudiated, but still we voted no, yet are still locked into this crap deal.

Pay equality won't deliver in budget also. It's just buying time. Full action is needed and it's needed now. Everything has been shocking thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Some headway on pay restoration but no where near equal pay still. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/pay-to-be-restored-for-up-to-60-000-public-sector-workers-1.3637455?mode=amp

It annoys the crap out of me that the unions always seem happy with being "a little bit equal".

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Sir123

Some headway on pay restoration but no where near equal pay still. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/pay-to-be-restored-for-up-to-60-000-public-sector-workers-1.3637455?mode=amp

It annoys the crap out of me that the unions always seem happy with being "a little bit equal".

I'll be voting a big NO to this if it's even put to ballot. Putting it to ballot would be an insult itself.

Sir123 wrote: »
    I'll be voting a big NO to this if it's even put to ballot. Putting it to ballot would be an insult itself.

Why? you are potentially denying new teachers with a pay increase?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Maybe Sir123 is an LPT that is sick of partial restoration. I'd vote NO if I were an LPT. As someone on the old payscale I'd be torn about what best to do for my colleagues tbh .

No doubt the unions won't put it to us though, they'll just keep putting up posts online about the great victories they've had so far, albeit still being unequal.

It's striking time.

It's striking time.

why?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

why?

Because the gov have no intention of giving us equality, they keep pushing it out stringing it out til we give up like good little boys and girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Because the gov have no intention of giving us equality, they keep pushing it out stringing it out til we give up like good little boys and girls.

No the good little boys and girls were the ones in INTO and TUI who folded two years ago. If they were able for the fight we 'may' have some pay restoration, no Croke Park hours and definitely no JCT rubbish. Although not perfect, the ASTI were fighting a losing battle on their own. Also, only for the small cohort that sold every one out for the sake of an increment, we would still be fighting. Us teachers give up too easily.

As an aside, that year without CP hours was blissful and definitely worth it. Those days will never return I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

why?

Generally we go on strike for a couple of reasons

1/ The craic
    2/ To piss off all the people in their cars on the M7 listening to Newstalk

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement