Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 3 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

WELCOME TO THE NFL, BAKER MAYFIELD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,896 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Delighted for the Browns but I feel all this excitement about Mayfield will not last. He wasn't expected to play last night but when teams get to see how he plays I feel he will fall off a cliff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Fromvert wrote: »
    The Browns got the win but am I wrong in thinking they should have went for it at 4th and 2 with 1 minute on the clock and on the Jets 35 with the Jets having no timeouts?

Their punt worked and made the Jets play from inside their 5 but for me you back both your offence and defence in that situation, get the 2 yards and it's game over, miss and they have to go 65 yards in under a minute with no time outs.

I was a good few beers deep in the bar so may have read it wrong looking at it without sound but for me an aggressive winning team puts the game to bed and gets the 2 yards or at least goes for it.

He backed his d to do what they had done since the end of the first quarter and that was not concede a td. He did the right thing.

Check out Cleveland police twitter last night. Budlight had to open up the fridges with the free beer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

eagle eye wrote: »
    Delighted for the Browns but I feel all this excitement about Mayfield will not last. He wasn't expected to play last night but when teams get to see how he plays I feel he will fall off a cliff.

That's the problem with rookie QBs - the do well in a couple games until teams get to analyse tape (prime example was Tebow).

That's the problem with rookie QBs - the do well in a couple games until teams get to analyse tape (prime example was Tebow).

To be fair to Mayfield he made some brilliant throws last night. I don't think he will be a franchise qb bit do I think he'll be good for 5 or so wins a season and stop them being blown out every game? Yeah I do and sometimes that's what a franchise needs just a change to stop the losing mentality

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

To be fair to Mayfield he made some brilliant throws last night. I don't think he will be a franchise qb bit do I think he'll be good for 5 or so wins a season and stop them being blown out every game? Yeah I do and sometimes that's what a franchise needs just a change to stop the losing mentality

I think they are hoping for a little more than a QB who can win 5 games a season. Yes NFL defenses will figure him out but i'd imagine they are looking at him with a ceiling as high as maybe Russell Wilson. Not saying he's going to get there but you're under throwing on him there surely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Paully D wrote: »
    No surprise to see Baker have that kind of impact.

The best QB in this class by far.

Nah, as we all know he's 3/8ths of an inch too short to be the best QB in the draft.

I think they are hoping for a little more than a QB who can win 5 games a season. Yes NFL defenses will figure him out but i'd imagine they are looking at him with a ceiling as high as maybe Russell Wilson. Not saying he's going to get there but you're under throwing on him there surely.

He won't come anywhere near Wilson. Not underthrowing him at all tbh. He's had one game and people are making him out to be the messiah. I just don't see it

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Bit late with this 21-11 coming in

Jets@Browns
    Saints @ Falcons
    Broncos @ Ravens
    Bengals @ Panthers
    Giants @ Texans
    Titans @ Jaguars
    49ers @ Chiefs
    Raiders@ Dolphins
    Bills @ Vikings
    Colts@ Eagles
    Packers @ Redskins
    Chargers @ Rams
    Bears @ Cardinals
    Cowboys @ Seahawks
    Patriots @ Lions
    Steelers@ Buccaneers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

16-16 coming in....

Jets @ Browns Would've gone for Browns!
    Saints @ Falcons
    Broncos @ Ravens
    Bengals @ Panthers
    Giants @ Texans
    Titans @ Jaguars
    49ers @ Chiefs
    Raiders @ Dolphins
    Bills @ Vikings
    Colts @ Eagles
    Packers @ Redskins
    Chargers @ Rams
    Bears @ Cardinals
    Cowboys @ Seahawks
    Patriots @ Lions
    Steelers @ Buccaneers

He won't come anywhere near Wilson. Not underthrowing him at all tbh. He's had one game and people are making him out to be the messiah. I just don't see it

How are you not Underthrowing him saying he might win 5 games a season? That's completely writing him off as a serious serious bust.

You're the one sticking your neck out here.

Regardless of going #1. He wasn't going outside of the top 5 and wasn't it confirmed that teams like NE amongst others were coming up the draft aggressively for him if he didn't go #1? Don't think this is the case for a journeyman QB who might get a few wins.

He didn't even throw a TD last night but even the harshest of critics are giving him praise for turning the game on it's head last night.

Not sure what you are not seeing.

Jets Browns
    Saints @ Falcons
    Ravens
    Panthers
    Texans
    Titans @ Jags
    Chiefs
    Dolphins
    Vikings
    Eagles
    Packers @ Redskins
    Rams
    Bears @ Cardinals
    Cowboys @ Seahawks
    Patriots @ Lions
    Steelers @Buccaneers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

19-13 for the season

Jets @ Browns (picked before the game - can check the thread!)
    Saints @ Falcons
    Broncos@ Ravens
    Bengals @ Panthers
    Giants @ Texans
    Titans @ Jaguars
    49ers @ Chiefs
    Raiders @ Dolphins
    Bills @ Vikings
    Colts @ Eagles
    Packers @ Redskins
    Chargers @ Rams
    Bears @ Cardinals
    Cowboys @ Seahawks
    Patriots @ Lions
    Steelers @ Buccaneers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Regardless of going #1. He wasn't going outside of the top 5 and wasn't it confirmed that teams like NE amongst others were coming up the draft aggressively for him if he didn't go #1? Don't think this is the case for a journeyman QB who might get a few wins.

He didn't even throw a TD last night but even the harshest of critics are giving him praise for turning the game on it's head last night.

Not sure what you are not seeing.

Mayfield did good - but one game does not make an NFL QB. Outside of the fact that he is a bit of a headcase - wait and see how he gets on when DCs have a couple of game tapes to analyse.

I hope Mayfield is a good 'un - I miss seeing the Browns challenging for the AFC title. The Drive and the Fumble were two of the best AFC championship games in the past 40 years (helped by the fact that the Broncos won both).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Looks like Gabbert is starting again today

I didn't say he'd be a bust. I said he would help turn the team around. Taking a winless team and getting 5-6 wins a season will change the mentality of that organisation. He is highly accurate but I just don't see him being a pro bowler which is something you'd want from a number one pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Paully D wrote: »
    No surprise to see Baker have that kind of impact.

The best QB in this class by far.

I genuinely think that the Giants would have taken him if he was somehow there at 2.

The way Gettleman phrased his answers after the combine made me think Baker was the actual number 1 on their board.

I think he'll be a superstar tbh.

I do also remember you thinking Mahomes last year was a dreadful pick, and the Giants were apparently going to take him too as McAdoo loved him. Chiefs traded up and snagged him before us!

I wasn't sold on him at time either, as he was definitely more on the erratic side in college. Andy Reid working wonders again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

McCoy is inactive. Poor Buffalo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Here we go for Carson wentz.

• Advertisement

It looks a miserable enough day in Philadelphia.

This is what you like to see as an eagles fan. The O line of the colts catching psasses.

Carson wentz is officially back on the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

McCoy is inactive. Poor Buffalo.

Josh Allen filling in at RB!

Great work by Josh Allen, he is checking down and spots the opening and rushes for the TD.

TD Eagles. Welcome back Carson wentz.

What a difference Carson wentz makes. It looked like he never left. The composure and ability to read the field. I know the colts aren't great but still you need to beat whats in front of you. Also the Eagles D is doing their business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

The Bills!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Kirk.... He doesn't like that.... doesn't like that.

• Advertisement

Wentz looks fine. He had to scramble there and no issues it seems.

Advertisement