Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House boat Airbnb

Options
  • 19-09-2018 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Is it possible to let a narrowboat/barge/canal boat on Air BNB in Dublin area on one of the canals?

Only one I could find is in Galway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Yes it is. There’s a well established business that Airbnb barges at grand canal dock. On phone so can’t search and link. Search Airbnb for Dublin - other so that you get everything other than houses and apartments.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭ATC110

Yes it is. There’s a well established business that Airbnb barges at grand canal dock. On phone so can’t search and link. Search Airbnb for Dublin - other so that you get everything other than houses and apartments.
    I did a search but couldn't find anything. 
    (I'm thinking of a part time house boat for myself which would be let at the times when I'm not on it)

Have it now https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/928970

That looks amazing - I wonder what type of Waterways Ireland permit they have and whether it complies with their rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

ATC110 wrote: »
    Have it now https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/928970

That looks amazing - I wonder what type of Waterways Ireland permit they have and whether it complies with their rules?

giving your access card to others for the dock isn't allowed but a blind eye is turned sometimes, if you're looking for a mooring then good luck, theres a damn long waiting list and people pounce on them.

this is not going to be the get rich quick scheme you thought it was.

I didn't mention getting "rich quick" - just looking at the potential for a small income when I'm not using the boat

• Advertisement
Advertisement