Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon Rebel T6 - Won't shoot

• 20-09-2018 8:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    My old Canon EOS Rebel T6 has stopped working. When I turn it on all the menu settings work and I can see what I'm going to photo. When I point and click the shutter button I don't hear anything and I don't capture an image. I've tried recharging the battery and thought it was simply a low battery but it only took a few photos before problem re occurred.
    I hope someone who is familiar with Canon's could offer advice. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

How long since you replaced the battery?

Batteries will degrade over time and they may not hold much charge. How old is the camera and battery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

CabanSail wrote: »
    How long since you replaced the battery?

Batteries will degrade over time and they may not hold much charge. How old is the camera and battery?

Not really an issue with LiIon packs like that. Still using my 600D's original pack. The pack going dormant can be an issue but the camera wouldnt boot in that circumstance.

OP try hitting the LiveView button repeatedly and see if it successfully raises and lowers the mirror on a repeated basis. If it fails to do so then you've a sticky mirror. With a 1300D (the EU name for your camera) a mirror repair outside warranty might not make economic sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Thanks for replies,
    I will try clicking live view a number of times and in the meantime research fixing sticking mirror myself. The camera is not charged now and charger is in another City so I can't do much now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Advertisement