Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

winter races ?

• 20-09-2018 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Any ideas if there are any non TI duathlons over the winter months? I know there are no TI sanctioned races beyond the first week of October but it would be great to have a race or two to pencil in to break up the long winter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭joey100

I'd say the calender might be updated as it gets closer, but think majority are after Christmas.

Up the north j think there is a few, kirkstown duathlon, seems to be regular enough but not sure if any before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Huge reluctance to organise duathlons over the winter due to having to cancel if even a hint of frost/ice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

TriFirst wrote: »
    Any ideas if there are any non TI duathlons over the winter months? I know there are no TI sanctioned races beyond the first week of October but it would be great to have a race or two to pencil in to break up the long winter.

What part of the world are you based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

theres always adventure / multisport races, most of them are basically duathlons of some sort.. i know they are sneered at by some around here but if your looking for something to keep you occupied ..

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭TriFirst

woody1 wrote: »
    theres always adventure / multisport races, most of them are basically duathlons of some sort.. i know they are sneered at by some around here but if your looking for something to keep you occupied ..

Oh I don't mind a Duathlon or two, just something to take the monotony out of winter training

• Advertisement
Advertisement