Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seville Marathon 17/2/19

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

2.24.32 through 35k, pace still very consistent.

2.46.09 through 40k, bring it home DD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭healy1835

OOnegative wrote: »
    2.46.09 through 40k, bring it home DD.

2:55 still on if he can muster something......not shipping a whole lot of time though. Come on DD

healy1835 wrote: »
    2:55 still on if he can muster something......not shipping a whole lot of time though. Come on DD

Yeah the 5k splits have been so consistent whole way, hopefully he’s something left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

My tracker is dead. Hope DD has a bit left!

• Advertisement

2.54.38, well deserved DD, savage going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭healy1835

OOnegative wrote: »

Found something alright :) nice one DD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

As always you're great for the updates B. We'll done DD. Great run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Good man DD!

TRR ran 2.37

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I believe that’s a 4 min PB. Well deserved with the work put in. Gwan the Shamrock! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Skidrow

Link to results anbody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Gas craic reading this after the race....fair play B

Couldn't recommend Seville highly enough, a real top class event. Bag drop, drink stations, support, all top class - its flat as a pancake too. They even spray you down with biofreeze or some stuff afterwards which is heaven.
    A tad too many cobblestones for my aching bones towards the end but that can't take away from what a fantastic marathon it is.

Very happy to come away with a 2.54, I didn't feel right in the 48 hours or so in the lead-up to the race and felt the effort much earlier than I would normally so to have dug in and given everything I had when things threatened to unravel towards the end is hugely satisfying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Itziger

Have you folk seen the finish? A link here to the second half of the race. Incredible that 5 fellas should be that close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7lZg4T3Y8s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Well I had a lovely relaxing trip to Seville on my tod!

Went for a run to view the marathon at different points during the morning and was very sad not to be doing it. The weather was warm though. The weather on Saturday would have been better!
    I was at the finish line for the winners and it was fairly empty (I was able to stand at the barrier at the finish line only 10 minutes before the winners crossed)
    but I believe it filled up later when more supporters made their way from the course to there.

Well done to all who finished - seemed to be lots of PB's from overhearing conversations in pubs and on the flight home.

Advertisement