Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir

• 20-09-2018 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Eir has taken out a large amount of money from my account and i have switched to vodafone months ago. My account is closed so i cant get through on the phone.Ur chat cant not help me without an account number.Can You help me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi lockers55,

I'm sorry to hear this. We can look into this for you here however we would need you to PM us with the account details in order to verify data protection.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lockers55

Hi sarah, 
    pm sent yesterday.I would like to get to this sorted.
    thank You

Any news on this Sarah?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

Hey Eir, I've been trying to log a fault on your website since the storm last week and it still doesn't appear to have registered on your site

Any news on this please still receiving txts and emails on this bill?

• Advertisement

lockers55 wrote: »
    Any news on this Sarah?
    Hi lockers55,

I am unable to see a PM from you. Can you try sending this again.

Apologies,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Steveirl2010

Why when i go into an Eir Shop do staff tell me oh move to us from Sky because Sky is a congested line and when u move to Eir we are uncongested line.
    This is there shop Sales Pitch because nothing is recorded.
    They dont say this on the phone because it is recorded.

Hi Steveirl2010,

If you could advise of the store in question we will relay this feedback in order to offer some clarification here.

Thanks,

Sarah

All sorted now, Had to lodge a complaint.

Enter Details here and the complaints Dept will get back to you much quicker than anywhere else.
    https://www.eir.ie/logacomplaint.jsp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Hello,i am with eir,bill pay. My phone roams freely in France and Belgium.four times now I went up North, and not a peep out of it. Tried re booting, tried individual suppliers, not a go. One of these trips I had a p.a.y.g.eir with me..worked OK.today my wife's eir,bill pay worked OK. Tried three times to ring for from wife's phone, each time twenty mins, no reply. Went on line got two different chaps, no use, wanted my account number, suggested I go into eir shop on my return, but of course it will work there.even on my return each time I Am ten miles south of the border before I can get eir, and at that it needs a reboot

• Advertisement

Hi rugbyman,

It ounds like your phone is dropping off the mast that it should be connecting to however it is hard to determine or troubleshoot this  unless your currently in that location.

Can you advise of the network that appears and have you tried to manually select a network when this occurs?

Thanks,

Sarah

Thank you Sarah.on four trips to n.i. my phone will not connect to a service eitheranually or automatically.when I look to connect manually, Voda,three,EE,EE(two of them) and another well known one appear.doing all of these gets me nowhere. My p.a.y.g. eir phone does work, generally on EE.(thought refuses to go on anything if EE is not available).yesterday my wife's phone, also eir,billpay worked In n.i.. I live eight miles from the border, I can go there now.if you or a technician wants to ring me there I can bring the p.a.y.g. phone. Yesterday I waited twenty minutes, three times on your help line

We booting does not help. One of your chaps suggested o switch off for ten mins.i did, twice, for half an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

Unable to get in to either sports app.
    Signed up recently for 30 day SIM only

theparish wrote: »
    Unable to get in to either sports app.
    Signed up recently for 30 day SIM only

Hello, Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 11 soundroom72

Hi Eir, I cannot log onto myEir, by app or website. Initially I had a mobile phone contract (18 months), then I signed up for Broadband and home phone. The original mobile contract finished and I canceled the contract, to give phone to my kid. Ever since I have been blocked from logging into my Broadband account, I opened a chat and issue resolved. However I could not logon to Eir sport, the Eir support representative said he could not help with that. Now I cannot sign into my broadband account again, when I try online it says permanently blocked, I have had no access to Eir sport since I started Eir broadband contract. I have great difficulty contacting Eir support. Please register this post as my last effort to get resolution before I cancel my contract. I am not sure how long left on contract, but I am not getting the service Inpay for, sonInsee this as Eir not providing the service, as such Eir are canceling their contract with me, regards

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Totnan

lockers55 wrote: »
    Any news on this please still receiving txts and emails on this bill?
    Hi lockers55,

Just wondering what you were advised the cause of your issue was in the end? I have had a similar issue with fraud, which I believe is the result of a data breach by eir.

Would hope nobody else has to experience this.

I went through there complaints department online and a refund was issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Steveirl2010

It really does show how bad EIR are.

all my issues and still have heard back nothing.

8 days i sent an email and no reply.

Comreg are taking over my complaint after 10 days so im happy with that.

even though my cooling off period is over ive heard nothing on my issues or over charge of 1st bill.
    So from my side im still on a cooling off period and will be getting out of this soon.

Thanks to Comreg that can act on my behalf, I will soon see EIR reply and contact me.

They have to be the WORST customer service ive ever dealt with and im 42 years of age. Absolutely useless. IF anyone is planning on signing up DONT - its not worth it.

Regards
    Stephen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Block the direct debits inside your online banking and also ask your bank to do a charge back on the last direct debit. 

Eir have no right to take money out of your account that does not belong to them. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Ballylad

Any suggestions on how to contact eir, transferring from Vodafone on both landline broadband and mobile phone, landline transferred but not active, tried countless times to get through on chat and phone, mobile porting unsuccessful twice due to technical error, think I’ve made a terrible mistake changing to eir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

Ballylad wrote: »
    Any suggestions on how to contact eir, transferring from Vodafone on both landline broadband and mobile phone, landline transferred but not active, tried countless times to get through on chat and phone, mobile porting unsuccessful twice due to technical error, think I’ve made a terrible mistake changing to eir
    Hi Ballylad,

I'm sorry to hear about this.

If you could PM me the following account details, I'd be happy to have a look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    3) Are you the account holder?
    4) Your DOB

5) The first line of your address

~Kellie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭anotherfinemess

Eir has also taken money from my account, although I cancelled the account without the service actually starting. I cancelled after placing the order because of the dishonest way I could was treated during the weeks-long period waiting for installation. They would phone me, but disconnect after the first ring, thus forcing me to call them back on a premium rate number. This happened several times, so I cancelled my order. However this didn't prevent them taking E131.11 out of my account on 24th December. Must be Eir's way of wishing customers a merry **** you christmas. I'll be on to Comreg as soon as the festive season is over.

My neighbour recently got fibre band with Vodafone and hasn't had any problems at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Eir has also taken money from my account, although I cancelled the account without the service actually starting.  I cancelled after placing the order because of the dishonest way I could was treated during the weeks-long period waiting for installation. They would phone me, but disconnect after the first ring, thus forcing me to call them back on a premium rate number. This happened several times, so I cancelled my order. However this didn't prevent them taking E131.11 out of my account on 24th December. Must be Eir's way of wishing customers a merry **** you christmas. I'll be on to Comreg as soon as the festive season is over.

My neighbour recently got fibre band with Vodafone and hasn't had any problems at all.
    Hi anotherfinemess, 

Sorry to hear of the problems you have had with eir. 

Could you PM the following details and I will investigate this?

1. Your Account number
    2. Your name
    3. Your Address
    4 Are you the account holder?
    5. Your DOB

As soon as I get this information I will check this out.

Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭anotherfinemess

Eir has also taken money from my account, although I cancelled the account without the service actually starting.  I cancelled after placing the order because of the dishonest way I could was treated during the weeks-long period waiting for installation. They would phone me, but disconnect after the first ring, thus forcing me to call them back on a premium rate number. This happened several times, so I cancelled my order. However this didn't prevent them taking E131.11 out of my account on 24th December. Must be Eir's way of wishing customers a merry **** you christmas. I'll be on to Comreg as soon as the festive season is over.

Hi anotherfinemess, 

1. Your Account number
    2. Your name
    3. Your Address
    5. Your DOB

Grainne
    Still no refund and my email to Nicole Carr, who promised me the refund, is not being answered. Seriously, anyone thinking of using this company should go elsewhere. Total ripoff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi anotherfinemess, 

1. Your Account number
    2. Your name
    3. Your Address
    5. Your DOB

Grainne
    Still no refund and my email to Nicole Carr, who promised me the refund, is not being answered.  Seriously, anyone thinking of using this company should go elsewhere. Total ripoff!
    Hi anotherfinemess, 

If you could PM the details I requested in the above post I can look into this. 

Grainne

Advertisement