Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old PS4 data to new PS4 Pro

Options
  • 20-09-2018 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Help please !

Is it still true you need to physically link up the old console to the new console with an Ethernet cable to do a full transfer of everything you want to keep ?

I can’t see any other solution anywhere but that’s f**king ridiculous in this day and age if true, not least as it means I can’t use the old console for trade in value >:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭piplip87

• Registered Users Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Aethan Dor wrote: »
    Help please !

Is it still true you need to physically link up the old console to the new console with an Ethernet cable to do a full transfer of everything you want to keep ?

I can’t see any other solution anywhere but that’s f**king ridiculous in this day and age if true, not least as it means I can’t use the old console for trade in value >:(

Why can't you trade in the old console?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You can copy save games to any old USB stick/HDD, or upload them to the cloud if a PS plus sub.

Games can be backed up to a external HDD either as a backup (slow) or moved to an external HDD (USB 3.0).

It's easier than ever to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Aethan Dor

Why can't you trade in the old console?

Thanks all so far. Went and traded in my 1st gen PS4 for a Pro anyway.

They way I’ve been reading things it wasn’t very clear about how easy it was to transfer saves etc to a new PS4 except by physically connecting them, Google really let me down. Thankfully I’m a Plus subscriber though.

There is still a problem that’s wrecking my head however, so I have my saves in the cloud and have applied them to the system yet every time I start specifically MGSV it basically doesn’t react to my save and overwrites it while starting me right at the bloody start in the hospital again :(

Is there any way around it ??? Hope I’m just doing something wrong !

Thanks all so far. Went and traded in my 1st gen PS4 for a Pro anyway.

They way I’ve been reading things it wasn’t very clear about how easy it was to transfer saves etc to a new PS4 except by physically connecting them, Google really let me down. Thankfully I’m a Plus subscriber though.

There is still a problem that’s wrecking my head however, so I have my saves in the cloud and have applied them to the system yet every time I start specifically MGSV it basically doesn’t react to my save and overwrites it while starting me right at the bloody start in the hospital again :(

Is there any way around it ??? Hope I’m just doing something wrong !

Actually, hold the phone, seems to be probably just because the PS4 was lying to me telling me the games are installed but turns out they’re not fully installed just startably installed, whatever the point of that is 8)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,976 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Actually, hold the phone, seems to be probably just because the PS4 was lying to me telling me the games are installed but turns out they’re not fully installed just startably installed, whatever the point of that is 8)

So you can see if you're going to enjoy the game before you waste your bandwidth downloading all of it?

Some games do it really badly though. Just Cause 3 for example. Loads up the starting Island which has little to nothing to do, and that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I transferred everything I needed from the cloud to the PS Pro. It took a while but only really remember Destiny 2 taking ages because it was all digital. Transferred BF1, Borderlands 2, TLOU and lots of games. Just picked up where I had left off from the PS4. Never physically connected the consoles.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I transferred everything I needed from the cloud to the PS Pro. It took a while but only really remember Destiny 2 taking ages because it was all digital. Transferred BF1, Borderlands 2, TLOU and lots of games. Just picked up where I had left off from the PS4. Never physically connected the consoles.

Thanks yeah seems that was the problem, all my recent games were PSN downloads and Skyrim completed earlier and was working with my old saves just fine so hopefully they’ll all be grand once fully installed.

Thanks everyone ;)

Advertisement