Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Note 9 Screen Repair

• 20-09-2018 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Am I the first muppet in the country to smash the screen of a Note 9.
    I can't seem to find anywhere that will repair it for me.
    I am getting told to send it off to places but it will more than likely take a month to be fixed and they cant give me a price until afterwards, what a joke. They could tell me any price afterwards.

Does any body know anywhere that will definitely fix it for me and give me a price beforehand. I do understand it is going to cost me €300-€400 for a new screen, but there is no point having a phone I paid €1100 for and not being able to use it.

Any help is appreciated :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Would you just not contact Samsung directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

I got in contact with them and was told to check the website which lists the "official" Samsung repair centers and get in contact with them myself.
    There are 2 companies in the country, one is TeamKnowHow (Carphone Warehouse) the only way they will fix the phone is in store, but none of their staff have had training yet for that particular phone so they can't do it yet. They told me to check back next week.
    The other company is Vodafone's repair center, who are not answering phones, emails, social media accounts or the online chat on their website.
    Samsung weren't very helpful at all unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

I use the Samsung affiliated repair centre in Kilmac… great bunch of lads who even repaired a very expensive Samsung LED TV a few years ago for free, simply because Samsung never seen that type of PCB fault before.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I wouldn't mind getting on to them and seeing what they say. Where is Kilmac (is it the one in Wicklow by any chance)

I got on to another Samsung rep via Facebook Messenger. He advised me to go use the repair center that my network provider use (3 mobile) he then advised me later that as these are not an official Samsung repair centre my product warranty will then become void. Not quite sure what to do at this stage as they are the company Samsung themselves have recommended.
    Obviously I want to keep the product warranty, especially after the previous Samsung Note disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You have to use an authorized repair centre if you want warranty support. That means:

A) Wait an indefinite period of time

B) Travel:

Samsung Support Centre | Surrey Quays
    LONDON
    Address : Surrey Quays Shopping Centre, Unit 18, Redriff road , SE16 7LL

Samsung Support Centre | Belfast
    Belfast,
    Address : 29/31 Ann Street , BT1 4EB

Belfast would probably be my option. Call ahead obviously as supply chain may not have stock with them yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Can I just ask, did you have a cover/screen protector on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I got in contact with them and was told to check the website which lists the "official" Samsung repair centers and get in contact with them myself.
    There are 2 companies in the country, one is TeamKnowHow (Carphone Warehouse) the only way they will fix the phone is in store, but none of their staff have had training yet for that particular phone so they can't do it yet. They told me to check back next week.
    The other company is Vodafone's repair center, who are not answering phones, emails, social media accounts or the online chat on their website.
    Samsung weren't very helpful at all unfortunately.

The Vodafone one is Fonfix ya? Had experience with them before, only reliable way to deal with them is walk in, based in Sandyford.

ED E wrote: »
    You have to use an authorized repair centre if you want warranty support. That means:

A) Wait an indefinite period of time

B) Travel:

Samsung Support Centre | Surrey Quays
    LONDON
    Address : Surrey Quays Shopping Centre, Unit 18, Redriff road , SE16 7LL

Samsung Support Centre | Belfast
    Belfast,
    Address : 29/31 Ann Street , BT1 4EB

Belfast would probably be my option. Call ahead obviously as supply chain may not have stock with them yet.

Hi Ed E, I never thought of the Samsung store in Belfast. I was only up there last weekend. That might be my best option :) Thank you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Do Samsung not still have a Direct store in Dundrum?
    If memory serves they had for a while at least.
    Contact them and check if they can arrange repair?

• Advertisement

Can I just ask, did you have a cover/screen protector on it?

RocketRaccoon, Yes I have an official Samsung case on the phone, cost me €65 and wasn't very useful at all.
    I didn't have a tempered glass screen on it as I was waiting until a reputable company released one as I got one from Eir for my Galaxy S8 and it didn't fit correctly (waste of €20).
    If I had one on the Note 9, I would say the screen would be fine now because it didn't get a hard knock when it broke.

banie01 wrote: »
    Do Samsung not still have a Direct store in Dundrum?
    If memory serves they had for a while at least.
    Contact them and check if they can arrange repair?

Banie01, No, unfortunately it is gone a couple of months and it now a Carphone Warehouse.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    The Vodafone one is Fonfix ya? Had experience with them before, only reliable way to deal with them is walk in, based in Sandyford.

Sentient, I didn't know it was FonFix they use. I have heard an awful lot of bad things about them over the last few years. Plenty of threads on here of people with bad experiences. I am a bit reluctant to go near them.
    Plus they don't seem to have an email address or a phone number I can call. I am only about 15 minutes away though so I might pop out and see what they say.

Advertisement