Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a woodturner to restore old table?

• 20-09-2018 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone would be in the trade of woodturning or know of someone that could help me out?

I have an old table that was bought by my grandmother back in the 60's, it was painted in some sort of a brown hard wearing substance. I've sanded as much as I can by hand but the legs were turned from beech wood back in the day and have several awkward bits that would need to be put on a lathe to be sanded properly. Each leg is around 29" long.

If anyone could help me out or point me in the direction of someone that would be able to help, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Willie Creighton in Ballyhaunis. On facebook

Ambrose and brid in Claregalway

Can't post links from phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mayoboyo

Thanks for that, already tried one of them and was promised a call back. Have made three calls at various times since and no reply... seems someone isnt that fond of the idea! Thanks anyway though, will definitely try the other! :)

Advertisement