Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone got into aviation business without experience?

Options
  • 20-09-2018 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭

I have a level 6 in aviation and administrative background. I am wondering has anyone got into the business on a ‘speculative’ application. Nordic moving building shortly and expanding.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

McSween wrote: »
    I have a level 6 in aviation and administrative background. I am wondering has anyone got into the business on a ‘speculative’ application. Nordic moving building shortly and expanding.

What role are you trying to get into? By Nordic, you mean NAC in Limerick?

My wife is in the industry and she tells me it's pretty hard to get into. There's no shortage of people trying to get in because the money is so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭McSween

John_Mc wrote: »
    What role are you trying to get into? By Nordic, you mean NAC in Limerick?

My wife is in the industry and she tells me it's pretty hard to get into. There's no shortage of people trying to get in because the money is so good.

My experience is in administration. Yes NAC in Limerick. Im willing to go in the low end initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Look at the aircraft leasing companies first, then try the airlines.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

McSween wrote: »
    My experience is in administration. Yes NAC in Limerick. Im willing to go in the low end initially.
    "Aviation" is very broad.
    Looking at above info I assume Aircraft Leasing is your target sector?

I think EI have a graduate program if that is an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭McSween

Tenger wrote: »
    "Aviation" is very broad.
    Looking at above info I assume Aircraft Leasing is your target sector?

I think EI have a graduate program if that is an option.

It is an area i would be interested in yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Your easiest way in will be through an agency.
    For leasing companies, they often hire people through agencies first, then take on personnel once they get to know them (or equally, they can get rid of them if they don't like how they operate). Particularly for entry level employees and positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Lurching wrote: »
    Your easiest way in will be through an agency.
    For leasing companies, they often hire people through agencies first, then take on personnel once they get to know them (or equally, they can get rid of them if they don't like how they operate). Particularly for entry level employees and positions.

GECAS in Shannon work like that alright. NAC hire direct.

From what I've heard, they have already expanded and hired the people they need for the foreseeable. The news articles saying they'll be hiring 300 people are not accurate.

Advertisement