Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ie domain registration question

Options
  • 20-09-2018 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

Looking to get an IE registration but the provider wants me to email photocopy of my passport or driving license? I don't really want to send someone a photocopy of those things incase I become a victim of identity theft.

If I send my driving license for example, would it be reasonable of me to cover up my driving license number so only my name name and address and photo is visible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭danm14

Looking to get an IE registration but the provider wants me to email photocopy of my passport or driving license? I don't really want to send someone a photocopy of those things incase I become a victim of identity theft.

If I send my driving license for example, would it be reasonable of me to cover up my driving license number so only my name name and address and photo is visible?

I would assume so but ask your registrar and/or the IEDR. You can also use a bank statement, college ID, public services card or any correspondance with Revenue. The PSC is probably best to use if you have one as any personal information is on the rear which you wouldn't be showing.

In any case, if you're wary of providing your domain registrar with this information, you have the option to furnish the documentation directly to the IEDR who will then inform your domain registrar that you've met the requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

That's the way it is for IE domain registrations I'm afraid.

I don't bother with them any more because it's so easy to grab a dot com one.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement