Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will I get my refund?

Options
  • 20-09-2018 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I used to be on bill pay for mobile broadband and mobile phone. I cancelled my contracts and now, I keep getting bills that keep telling me the same every month:

Previous bill -€5.95
    Payments received €0.00
    Adjustments (inc VAT €0.00
    Your account is in credit -€5.95

etc...

My question: When will eir stop sending me bills and refund my money? Or why did eir take more than I had to pay?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi poff,

You would need to contact our customer care team directly and they will be able to process this request for you. You should then received your last and final bill with the account balance of 00.00.

https://www.eir.ie/about/contact/

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 28,564 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I was coming on with much the same query. I will post it in my previous chain of correspondence. However I would point out that 'chat' is only as useful as the quality of English of the person you are speaking to, I am not getting into it again after I was passed from pillar to post with different answers from everyone.

Phoning Eir is not possible when you do not have an account - the account has been closed, you do not exist, except for Eir to continue to take money from you.

In fairness the answer I finally got was on this forum, so it at least serves that problem. I cannot believe how bad customer service has got otherwise in Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭poff

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi poff,

You would need to contact our customer care team directly and they will be able to process this request for you. You should then received your last and final bill with the account balance of 00.00.

https://www.eir.ie/about/contact/

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

I contacted eir by chat - ringing was not possible as I do not have any bill pay number that I could have typed in. The process was more than painful.

They refused to transfer the money to my bank account (a European bank account and I am a European citizen) and the agent wanted my card number because he could not transfer the refund to my account number (not with an Irish bank)!!! The card number? Over a web chat? To somebody working in some God knows where call center? I am expected to trust them while eir makes it extremely painful for "data protection". I have security issues with providing any credit/debit card number to a call center where people are most likely not even authorised to take those numbers. We are talking about a refund and I gave that Gentleman my IBAN - that should have worked! Who would know that I have to get a refund? With account numbers and phone numbers - again, who else would have all of that information apart from myself? The agent was asking for my pins!?! Pins of cancelled accounts months ago. Dead pins - as if I did not have to remember all the live pins. By the way, I wasn't asking for sensitive information and they wanted to confirm by every private bit of information due to "data protection". Does eir apply any common sense?

Does eir have its own laws? Ignoring the fact, that European citizens do not have to have an account with any of the Irish banks? There is a reason, that I do not have a bank account with an Irish bank. None of them provided me with the service I wanted for reasonable money. I went shopping in Europe and succeeded. My address with that bank is in Ireland. What kind of problem has eir with that? The IBAN not starting with "IE"? There is a lovely word: "IBAN discrimination", which I am going to check out tomorrow and see, whether it can be applied to eir practice.

"...not accepting a foreign IBAN is actually a violation of European law. An IBAN can start with DE, FR, ES, IT, or any other valid first 2 letters. So-called ‘IBAN discrimination’ is forbidden."

There you go, Sarah, you are dealing with frustrated customers who have to waste hours and will not get anywhere. I would say, it is time that eir starts rethinking the support model and starts to listen to and involving customers, rather than doing what looks like incompetent managers think the customers need. By reading the threads about frustrations associated with eir services, one can easily see, that eir's system is not functioning.

I really fail to understand why frustrated customers are more valuable to eir than happy customers. If that wasn't the case, the support would most likely have changed to something pleasant long ago. I suggested this before: break your iphone and contact apple support. It is a real pleasure to deal with support staff who is polite, knowledgeable, efficient and they are determined not to leave before the issue is solved and the customer is satisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭poff

And yes, my IBAN has to be accepted wherever the account is in Europe. It is a valid account for payments both ways. Whether I will be getting anywhere with this information and eir..., I don't know. I hope, eir will reconsider its policies about bank accounts.

Advertisement