Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online order not despatched after a week

Options
  • 20-09-2018 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

I put in an order last week to an Irish shop that also has online shopping. I ordered from them a few times before and I found them to be good/quick with order processing and despatch.

I ordered late Thursday afternoon last week. Friday delivery would have been too optimistic. Monday came and there was nothing in the mail. My account on the shop still said 'processing'. Tuesday came and the post came and still there was nothing. My account still read 'processing'. I sent a quick email on Tuesday afternoon requiring about my order but I got no response.

Wednesday came and still nothing in the mail. My order online still said 'processing'. I sent another email and I also rang the mobile number provided online. I got through to a lad who said that he doesn't deal with the online orders and the manager popped out for about 10 minutes and said he could get him to ring me back. Wednesday's working hours came to an end and there was no call back.

We're into Thursday now. Still nothing in the mail. My online account this morning still said 'processing'. I paid through PayPal and I logged on there. I came across a small bit saying to wait for some time for delivery and if by the 20th of September you haven't received your item you can start a dispute/claim with PayPal. Something like that anyways.

I started the process with PayPal this morning. My account online has changed from 'processing' to 'on hold'. There's still no response from the shop.

Where do I take things from here? PayPal says we encourage you to work with ****** (the name of the shop) to resolve this issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,014 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That image doesn't remove the name in any way reliably...

Call again tomorrow, if the same response comes back push Paypal on that basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Go on to thier facebook or twitter and post a semi polite message asking what the story is. Might light a fire under them when you take it public. At the moment its just you, them and paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

There's a mobile number on their website (your screenshot doesn't actually blur out the name of the company btw), keep ringing till you get through and get a valid response? Few phone calls should aggravate them enough to do something.

If not as above take it to their Facebook and/or twitter if they have one and publicly show your frustration. Worse case scenario get onto paypal and open a dispute, PayPal usually side with the buyer and you have proof of the order still in processing and the order date so should be easy enough, PayPal will get onto them and if they dont respond in a certain time frame paypal will refund you the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭eirbear1989

They must be out of something you have ordered, but that is no reason to ignore you. PayPal will refund your money but you won't get your order (possibly why it has been put on hold) email the store and explain why you have raised the issue with PayPal and that you no longer require the order.

Never used that particular site but I kept checking on an order on an other site and it was constantly "processing" I have the order now the last few weeks but if I was to log in it is still processing, these things happen!

Advertisement