Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Add VAT as contractor

• 20-09-2018 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

This may be a very stupid question but I'm doing some contract work for a company in the states and I'm wondering do I charge them VAT of 23% on top of the agreed fee or do I just pay the VAt myself on the fee I charge them.
    New to contracting so not sure where to begin with invoicing and tax.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Heisenburg81

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    This may be a very stupid question but I'm doing some contract work for a company in the states and I'm wondering do I charge them VAT of 23% on top of the agreed fee or do I just pay the VAt myself on the fee I charge them.
    New to contracting so not sure where to begin with invoicing and tax.

Outside the scope of Irish VAT.
    Place of supply is the USA.
    You prepare your invoices with no reference to Irish VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Apology for the late response.
    Thanks for letting me know. Makes it all fairly simple so.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Sorry to bump this thread again but the vendor has now asked me to fill in a W-8BEN form.
    Does this mean I'll be taxed in the states and in Ireland? If that is the case do I add tax on top of my fee?

Any help much appreciated.

Advertisement