Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

French bus driver slaps teenager for disrespect

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Like i sad earlier lets hope the next driver uses his bus instead of his hand....kid will learn a harsher lesson.

So, let me get this right, you're advocating running over anyone that gets in your way, instead of saying "little bolix," and getting on with your day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

BBFAN wrote: »
    WOW is all I can say, that sends shivers down my spine.

All I can say to you is that it is all that mccafferty ones fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Ginger83

So, let me get this right, you're advocating running over anyone that gets in your way, instead of saying "little bolix," and getting on with your day?

Never said run him over, just a bump. He'll remember the safe cross code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭judestynes

Says a lot about how things have changed. If I had have gone and told my parents that a bus driver gave me a slap in the mouth I would've got another one. He didn't do it for nothing. It didn't do me a lick of harm either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I have a memory burned into my brain, of leaving the school grounds when I was about 13 or 14, and was having the craic with a few of my mates, when one of them went to throw an apple core or something at me, I jumped backwards and kind of spun around, and ended up with my nose literally an inch away from a passing bus, if it had been 2 seconds earlier I'd have been under the wheel. I legit get a shiver up my spine thinking about it to this day. I can only imagine the fright that the bus driver would have gotten if he had seen it.

on the video, I can see why the bus driver flipped the lid, a big crowd no doubt jeering and heckling. Doesn't make what he did, the right thing though,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

judestynes wrote: »
    Says a lot about how things have changed. If I had have gone and told my parents that a bus driver gave me a slap in the mouth I would've got another one. He didn't do it for nothing. It didn't do me a lick of harm either.

A good example of how being brought up in a violent or abusive environment normalises and perpetuates the acceptance of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

Now a noice shalp was needed

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

WWLBD?

What would lugs branigan do??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Mutant z wrote: »
    The boy put himself and others at risk by his own stupidity who would blame the driver for reacting the way he did. If the bus driver swerved to avoid him and went into into a pile of traffic imagine all the fatalities it could well have caused so a little clip around the ear is harmless by comparison.

I assume that you're regularly getting out of your car to slap/punch pedestrians, cyclists and other motorists on a daily basis so....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭judestynes

A good example of how being brought up in a violent or abusive environment normalises and perpetuates the acceptance of it?
    I wasn't brought up in a violent environment. I was brought up in a responsible one. I can count on 1 hand the amount of times either parent raised a hand to me. Just knowing that they could was enough of a deterrent to stop me or any of my siblings being little sh1theads. we all have good lives none of us have had run ins with the law we're in satisfying jobs. Those are not the results of a violent or abusive upbringing.

Advertisement