Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4k UHD tv 43-50'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Colmrenault

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Hi, looking to buy a new tv and make the upgrade to 4k. Budget is between 500-600e.
    Will be used for general tv, movies, playstation pro

Was thinking of something like this

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/lg-50uk6470plc-50-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-10178164-pdt.html

So many options out there im fairly lost on whats a good deal vs what you get.

Bit of help would be much appreciated

Hi, yes that is a good choice. I am on the look out for a tv like that for the kitchen. That is the one I narrowed it down to. Plus points...

1. Compatible with the Magic Remote (sold separately around €30) I have this remote on my lg in the bedroom, it's amazing, just move the remote left or right or up and down and the pointer moves on the screen saving so much clicking. I paid around 600 for it a year ago and it blows my high end Samsung 65" curved KS9000 out of the water with regard to the menu. That was €2500, takes lots more clicking to do the same thing and the interface seems 5 years older.

2. You have aerial connection (push in) for Saorview and satellite connection (f-type a few in) for UK freesat channels. Believe it or not they do sell tv's with just the push in aerial connector. Make sure and have a look around the back. Tv's with low model numbers around 6000 or below be wary.

3. LG has a much better freesat/saorview 8 day program this than samsung. Plus it has the ability to repeat record a show every week. The Samsung will only let me set it to record for one week ahead.

Can't go wrong with this tv really, great value.

Advertisement