Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless man

Options
  • 20-09-2018 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Hi all can anyone offer me advice for a man living in a caravan in my area he has kids that sleep in the caravan with him but there only there weekends I met the man who is lovely person but lost his council house due to constant anti social behavior and just suffered with his nerves obviously he contacted guards while in the house doctor wrote a letter for the council and he spoke to a local td to no avail and was left with no choice for his own health besides some food items I buy for him would he be able to get any assistance other then his social welfare payment . Waterford area .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

He can apply for a subvention under the punctuation relief scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    He can apply for a subvention under the punctuation relief scheme.

What do you mean ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

What do you mean ?

He actually faces a further jeopardy in terms of the conditions the children may be living in. Should be conscious of that in his dealings with the authorities. I would suggest moving your question to the State Benefits forum to get advice on the full range of benefits he can access. Also SVP etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭per aspera ad astra

What do you mean ?
    He means you have written a terribly long sentence, without any punctuation – no commas, dashes nor full stops. Fair play to you for helping out though. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mat cauthon

Was the anti social behaviour which lost the council house his behaviour, or was it due to others behaviour?
    Where do the children normally live? With mam?

See, the council will not house both his children with their mam, and him with his children separately. It seems to me that this man could benefit from some form of one bed unit housing, which is rare enough. Perhaps this man should present himself in A/E and refuse to leave until he is given some form of accommodation. I think you are great to help him out, by the way.
    But his best bet is to present in hospital with some type of condition or other - and I am sure he has many, if he is living as you say, and then refuse to leave until he has someplace decent to go.
    It won't be a brand new one bedroom flat, but he should get a room in a hostel or something. Regarding kids, that's a whole other issue, and not really the councils concern, once the kids are already housed with their mam.

• Advertisement
Advertisement