Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SigNET Europlex modem hung up..

Options
  • 20-09-2018 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I was remote accessing a Signet 200 panel through the wireless modem (sim card) and succesfully connected (or at least got to a "terminal" type screen and could enter text commands) when the line dropped.

Unfortunately it now seems to be stuck "off hook". When I re-dial all I get is silence and there is no longer a response to any text commands.

Any way to reset this remotely? - Will it eventually "time out"? or do I have to go there and manually reset it?

Tx

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'd say a cold restart from onsite would be required.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Pauley2

Uuhhh.. :( I was afraid of that... I can't get there until at least tomorrow. I'll check back later tonight and if it happens to release i'll post back here...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Perhaps there is a power outage due to Ali?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Pauley2

..well it remained hung up so I had to go on site. At least I could reset it from the keypad by Disabling and Re Enabling the modem (under "Communications"). Still a PITA...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is this an IP panel?
    If so I'd recommend updating the firmware on the panel & the peripheral devices like the modem etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement