Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I do not understand mobile bb topup

Options
  • 20-09-2018 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

On the eir website, it says:

Grab a 1, 7 or 30 day pass
    Freetext us your Voucher PIN and choice of pass. We'll send an SMS response advising you of the value applied.

What format has it to be texted?

Is "1234567890123456 30 Day Extra" ok? Or is it "1234567890123456 30 day pass"? Is the text case sensitive? What number is the message to be sent to? Is it 50104?

If the above is incorrect, please give me an example of the correct text message and number. Thanks.

Another question is: What is "Prepay Mobile Broadband Out of Bundle Data Charging"? Is that the charge when you go over the limit within 30 days? Or will I also be charged when I have some credit on my account after the 30 days are over and I try to use the internet? In other words: Will the internet only work in conjunction with a data pass?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Top up first, then buy a pass

To top up:
    Send voucher code to 50103 (not 50104)

To buy a pass:
    Send code (eg '30 day extra') to 50104

If you don't buy a pass, once you try to get online, you will be directed to an option page where you can buy a pass.

Once the pass expires (after 30 days), you will be directed to the option page again where there is the pay as you use option (out of bundle). Each time you reconnect (eg next day) you will be directed to the option page again.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭poff

Thanks Ten Pin.

I topped up (or tried to) using the website. The response was:

"Topup was not successful

There is a delay in processing your Top up. Please contact customer support on Free phone 1800 250 193."

But the €30 were taken!?!

It is very tiring to make things work. What is the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭poff

In the meantime, the topup has arrived. Still do not understand why the eir website told me that the topup was "not successful".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi pdf,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for the inconvenience. I will flag this with our online team in order to have this investigated.

Thanks,

Sarah

Advertisement