Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice UK 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

It seems to be quite clear, its no longer about the best candidate but the best business idea, I think this is really where Sabrina and Daniel fell down in the end. Sugar doesnt really believe in their businesses. Also, he mentioned that Jackie was already head of a multi million pound business so why would she need him.

If this is the case, why are they not choosing the candidates for this show based on how good their business ideas are before they even go on the show. It seems pointless to waste a number of weeks of peoples time giving them false hope all for them to lose out in the end because Sugar doesnt really think their business suits him or that they dont really need him. I mean what is the point of all these tasks etc if they dont really matter in the end. I could understand it to a degree if performing well in these tasks would mean you would give Sugar a better chance of investing in your business but with both Daniel & Sabrinas businesses, I think it was now obvious, Sugar was never going to invest in their businesses no matter how well they did.

It takes away from the shows credibility to a large degree and makes the current format completely pointless. Its frustrating when you see candidates like Camilla through to the final even though they have performed absymally on a number of tasks just because her business idea is in trend at the moment, over candidates that were genuniely good in Jackie & Sabrina.

Just call it Dragons Den 2 and be done with the show in its current format

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

It seems to be quite clear, its no longer about the best candidate but the best business idea, I think this is really where Sabrina and Daniel fell down in the end. Sugar doesnt really believe in their businesses. Also, he mentioned that Jackie was already head of a multi million pound business so why would she need him.

If this is the case, why are they not choosing the candidates for this show based on how good their business ideas are before they even go on the show. It seems pointless to waste a number of weeks of peoples time giving them false hope all for them to lose out in the end because Sugar doesnt really think their business suits him or that they dont really need him. I mean what is the point of all these tasks etc if they dont really matter in the end. I could understand it to a degree if performing well in these tasks would mean you would give Sugar a better chance of investing in your business but with both Daniel & Sabrinas businesses, I think it was now obvious, Sugar was never going to invest in their businesses no matter how well they did.

It takes away from the shows credibility to a large degree and makes the current format completely pointless. Its frustrating when you see candidates like Camilla through to the final even though they have performed absymally on a number of tasks just because her business idea is in trend at the moment, over candidates that were genuniely good in Jackie & Sabrina.

Just call it Dragons Den 2 and be done with the show in its current format

You're overestimating the premise. Sugar isn't motivated by getting involved in these Mickey Mouse "businesses". It's a reality show. Once you realise this...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,396 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

If football is solely about money then yes they did. But find me 1 West Ham fan who doesn't hate the stadium and wish they were playing their football anywhere else and I'll shake your hand.
    They hate the place, football in Olympic stadiums is a round peg in a square hole. They are miles from the action, the club has lost its soul and fans are turning away.
    But yeah you are right on the commercial aspect, but its a failure in all other aspects

Premier league football is entirely about the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Genuinely shocked....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

That was unexpected!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Big shock for me... I thought they were keeping Camilla in to win it.... Decent winner very measured but passionate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

They were both pretty crap tbh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Huh. I thought it'd be Camilla. She did launch her business online last night though, which made me question if she'd really be allowed to do had she won the investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

Didn't think Sugar would go for her product..They do both seem like nice people though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Shocked!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I think Sian designing that piece so quickly and understanding her target market so well sealed it for her tonight. I thought she was very impressive in this weeks task. I hope she does well.

God Camilla’s lips and makeup are crazy on You’re Fired!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

I had Sian frommday 1
    Can’t believe people are surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

ncmc wrote: »
    I think Sian designing that piece so quickly and understanding her target market so well sealed it for her tonight. I thought she was very impressive in this weeks task. I hope she does well.

God Camilla’s lips and makeup are crazy on You’re Fired!
    Totally agree best winner of the two.

Camilla looks bizarre... Shame really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Vomit inducing comments from past winners about Sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭CassieManson

seamus wrote:
    Ask the school why you weren't informed. If your son approached the school and explained that he hated TG or wasn't good at it, but was afraid of your reaction, then that actually says to me that he's is far more confident and self-sufficient than you give him credit for.

Vomit inducing comments from past winners about Sugar.

Didn't even recognise the two winners from last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

I see she took the sexy advice on board. FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,396 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

lawred2 wrote: »
    Cringe

I think it's grand. I wonder what her production facilities are like though.

Re how fantastic Sian's on the spot design was. Would be 100% confident that was something she was familiar with and had designed and practiced before and not 'spontaneous'.

However, she was the best (of a poor selection) candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I think it's grand. I wonder what her production facilities are like though.

Re how fantastic Sian's on the spot design was. Would be 100% confident that was something she was familiar with and had designed and practiced before and not 'spontaneous'.

However, she was the best (of a poor selection) candidate.

Yeah, it's pretty unbelievable that they're supposed to have an entire business plan prepared, then go through a 12 week process and only when they get to the final two it dawns on them that they need a name for their business.

Have always thought that the final is the weakest episode of the series. They generally tend to show the finalists in a good light whereas incompetence is far more entertaining. Would imagine Sugar has already decided who he's picking before the final anyway, barring a disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

Terrible series, terrible winner, out of date attitudes of Anal Sugar, Claude, Karen.

Not watching again.

Terrible series, terrible winner, out of date attitudes of Anal Sugar, Claude, Karen.

Not watching again.

See you next year then!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Should have wrapped it up on the ten year anniversary

Even done a odd celeb special with money too charity or the like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

jeffk wrote: »

Ya as someone said it's a fancy Dragon's Den

• Registered Users Posts: 19,770 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Found the candidates quite poor this year, but having said that, in the final, the final two both came across very well.

I'd imagine a lot of it comes down to editing. Maybe the candidates aren't as bad as they are portrayed to be during the series.

Enjoyed it and will watch again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Ya as someone said it's a fancy Dragon's Den

With a lot of the old cliches of reality TV thrown in and not in a good way

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

jeffk wrote: »

Once the ratings are there, they won't care.

More people tuned in for the Apprentice (2.5 million) last night than BBC Sports personality of the year. Most watched TV programme across the big 5 UK channels yesterday and 2.5 times more than Liverpool vs Man U albeit behind a pay wall.

It'll continue until it loses ratings which hopefully won't be for a while, thoroughly enjoy coming around each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Not watching again.

I must say I found the last few episodes a bit of a struggle this year bar the interview episode which is always good.

Didn’t really care about the final two in the end.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I thought this years show was a step up on last year, but not that would've been difficult. I'd completely forgotten what last years winners even looked like until they showed them last night. I also found it interesting they didn't ask them much about how their businesses are going, usually it gives the winner an opportunity to boast about the strides they've made in the last year, but we didn't get that last night. I may be reading too much into it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Once the ratings are there, they won't care.

More people tuned in for the Apprentice (2.5 million) last night than BBC Sports personality of the year. Most watched TV programme across the big 5 UK channels yesterday and 2.5 times more than Liverpool vs Man U albeit behind a pay wall.

It'll continue until it loses ratings which hopefully won't be for a while, thoroughly enjoy coming around each year.

Strictly speaking it is losing ratings y-o-y, albeit a minimal drop each year. Certainly not enough to cause alarm.

It'll probably finish when Lord Sugar packs it in, whenever that is

Advertisement