Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice UK 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Frank looked as if he was about to burst into tears every time he spoke!

No complaints about him leaving although the other two could have just as easily went.

Chilli sauce on a donut? Seriously WTF??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It's taken me a whole day to come out of the daze it induced and realise "my God, it really happened. An adult wanted to put a teabag on top of a doughnut."

A TEABAG?!?!?!?!

siblers wrote: »
    Felt sorry for Frank, very harsh on him

I didn't feel one iota of sorriness for Frank. Both my partner and I found him very irritating. His display in the boardroom last week made him look like he was facing the gallows not being fired from a reality TV show, and when youre given the job of frying one hundred donuts, you get on with it, not bitch and moan the whole time. Tom, love him or hate, had to go back to Frank 3 times to get him to refocus. Refocus - on frying donuts. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    More diverse? A kid really said that?
    The girl did point out that there were no girls, so yeah, a kid really said that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Frank was just too emotional and in business there's no room for sentiment.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Think Jasmine is my favourite so far, think she'll do well.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

No one has jumped out at me so far, apart from Kayode being good at selling. If someone doesn't come to the fore next week, as would be expected at this stage, then it looks like we may be headed for yet another weak year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It's taken me a whole day to come out of the daze it induced and realise "my God, it really happened. An adult wanted to put a teabag on top of a doughnut."

A TEABAG?!?!?!?!

In fairness, the teabag idea was slightly less awful than the idea of sprinkling dry tea from the teabag for flavour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

In fairness, the teabag idea was slightly less awful than the idea of sprinkling dry tea from the teabag for flavour.
    Was it though?
    One of them is edible at least the other isnt....in fairness all those doughnuts looked blooming horrendous, the jammy dodger one especially.

gmisk wrote: »
    Was it though?
    One of them is edible at least the other isnt....in fairness all those doughnuts looked blooming horrendous, the jammy dodger one especially.

To be honest, I thought sprinkling the tea on the donuts was more weird than putting a tea bag on top. Neither are good ideas, but I say this as a tea drinker, sprinkling the tea on top would not be for me at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Frank went from very confident man to a crumbling mess in the space of the two boardrooms.

The American girl and the black guy with the big smile are the stand outs so far for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Alex made it so easy for him to be fired.

Such gibberish coming out of his mouth ("I've a millionaire mind" and claiming he was not just the best but also a natural born salesman in the wrong place at the wrong time was just pathetic.

If you've sold nothing, take a different tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

That was an easy call.

Karim is on the last of his nine lives.

Ricky a lucky boy with his lack of sales.

Loving Pogba and Sabrina comes across very well.

Our learned friend's deficiencies as a PM,badgering the equipment chap re price were masked by the win.

Alex simply had to go.

Seems to be a few there that are looking to be fired namely Karrum and Rick.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Sian all the way for me.

Mainly because I think she is gorgeous :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,992 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Some really dodgy sales lines from Rick and Tom for the sauna - borderline sleazy!

This boardroom has double firing written all over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

That was a let down after the build up.

Just the one gone but a few more could have been dumped.

Kurran is a dead man walking and is gone next week if his team doesn't win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,992 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Broke with tradition(?) and fired someone not nominated by the PM.

Tbh surprised Rick wasn't pulled back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Actually still stunned that those pink shoes won. They were laughably bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Really thought he was gonna sack at least 2 people tonight.

Surprised Kurran is still there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

There was one scene where a buyer turned down the chance to buy the runners(the bit where the two girls had a bit of an altercation) , but then in the next scene it shows him placing an order for the runners with the other selling team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Kurran is a dead man walking and is gone next week if his team doesn't win.

I take the opposite view from the events at the end of that episode - Kurran is protected and a cert for the Final 5.

He was the obvious and easy one to be fired from the 3 that were originally to be brought back into the boardroom, so the only logic in Siucre changing it is that he wanted to save him but realised he couldn't logically fire either of the other two.

Wouldn't be surprised if when he is pm that it's one of those tasks where Lord Sugar decides the winner based on some spurious reasoning rather than the overall sales figures deciding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I take the opposite view from the events at the end of that episode - Kurran is protected and a cert for the Final 5.

He was the obvious and easy one to be fired from the 3 that were originally to be brought back into the boardroom, so the only logic in Siucre changing it is that he wanted to save him but realised he couldn't logically fire either of the other two.

Wouldn't be surprised if when he is pm that it's one of those tasks where Lord Sugar decides the winner based on some spurious reasoning rather than the overall sales figures deciding.

Could be an Inventor Tom job alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

While that observation makes sense i cannot see how anyone would want to be 'working' with curran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

He wants to be an actor and the task he's been told to PM by Sugar in involves making an advert for TV, so they couldn't make it more up how str t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    He wants to be an actor and the task he's been told to PM by Sugar in involves making an advert for TV, so they couldn't make it more up how str t.

He wants to be an actor but in the comic book task he couldn't do the lines and the movement at the same time for the VR cover. He seems like spoofer to me but sure we will see. Must have something good in his business plan to not have been fired last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    He wants to be an actor but in the comic book task he couldn't do the lines and the movement at the same time for the VR cover. He seems like spoofer to me but sure we will see. Must have something good in his business plan to not have been fired last week.

It is meant to be entertainment also though,they might keep some poor candidates till the later stages of the show for that.I dont think too many of the past winners went on to be a massive success

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Harika

reap-a-rat wrote: »

He also wanted to pitch as he was "the one" and failed miserably with that. Cannot see him winning that.

Advertisement