Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best online bank for using Android Pay?

• 20-09-2018 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi there,

Just looking for some advice and opinions regarding Android/Google Pay please.

For the past year or so I've been using Android Pay more and more frequently. I'm at the stage where I barely carry any cash anymore. I think it's a great service but the main drawback for me is that my current account statement is now littered with all my trivial transactions.

I'm hoping to open an alternative online account so that I can link my Android Pay to it. I can then just transfer/top-up that account from my current account as needs be.

All advice appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

If you search for the following on boards you can see details the main options

Revolut (electronic money with MasterCard)

N26 (full German bank account with MasterCard)

boon. (not android pay but uses your androids nfc chip similar to android pay).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JimPa

You'd have to get the premium Revolut account to get the Mastercard. N26 should do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Thank you Yggr and JimPa. Much appreciated.

I'll give N26 a go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

JimPa wrote: »
    You'd have to get the premium Revolut account to get the Mastercard. N26 should do the job.

On a standard account you can get the virtual mastercard which works with android pay.

Advertisement