Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cherry Orchard - Opinions

Options
  • 20-09-2018 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I spotted few properties in the area that seem to be quite a good value for Dublin at the moment.
    I have never visited that part of Dublin apart from probably driving close to it twice or three times in the last decade.

Is it a safe area? are there a lot of gangs/anti social behaviors? any other information is more than welcome.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Ballyfermot gets a bad rep but lower Ballyfermot is settled and has a large elderly population

Cherry Orchard does not have any of these good points.
    If you think these are good value well they are cheaper for a reason

I say avoid and if you like the area try for Lower Ballyer if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I was there recently during the early afternoon. There is a horse project, but still there were some loose horses. Some addicts about, but not causing a problem.

Very little retail offering - other than one corner shop, this is it: https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3409119,-6.3663232,3a,75y,115.87h,89.21t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1swRquYKdy5VTBvcKHcGs8Tg!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo2.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DwRquYKdy5VTBvcKHcGs8Tg%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D170.74945%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100 - much better retail along and off Ballyfermot Road, inclluding Tesco and Iceland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

In a word, no. I wouldn't recommend living there. It's a bit of a dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Wouldn't recommend living there unless you are from there or know people there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Ballyfermot gets a bad rep but lower Ballyfermot is settled and has a large elderly population

Cherry Orchard does not have any of these good points.
    If you think these are good value well they are cheaper for a reason

I say avoid and if you like the area try for Lower Ballyer if you can
    This is spot on for me.
    I have lived in lower ballyfermot Lally Road for 3 years and really like it, quiet and friendly and so handy to town. I checked with a friend who is a Gardai before buying.
    You could not pay me to live in cherry orchard, the fact buses are regularly curtailed from that area due to anti social behaviour says it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 davey85

I'd personally avoid it at all costs.

But totally agree with some other posters - there are some nice areas in the rest of Ballyfermot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Yes some parts are nice now they've matured a lot

Advertisement