Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officers 2018 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

audrey2014 wrote: »
    Got offered and accepted Tipperary. Delighted.

Well Done! Any idea when you will start etc? What OOM did you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Delighted for you. Did they offer you Cork? You could still get back to Cork with the EO if they call there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

Ollie321 wrote: »
    Well Done! Any idea when you will start etc? What OOM did you have?

No idea. 26. Just waiting on confirmation deets ðŸ˜

No idea. 26. Just waiting on confirmation deets ðŸ˜

I'm not far behind you, but I have heard that there might not be any openings in my location choices which would be very disappointing after making the panel. Best wishes in your new role!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Mac0783

I'm not far behind you, but I have heard that there might not be any openings in my location choices which would be very disappointing after making the panel. Best wishes in your new role!

What location do you want? Got offered galway, turned it down and the got westmeath which I accepted. I'm s in shock.

• Advertisement

Mac0783 wrote: »
    What location do you want? Got offered galway, turned it down and the got westmeath which I accepted. I'm s in shock.

Well done! I'm the same. Shell shocked!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭eire1987

Delighted for you

What's the average notice period to give to your current department when you're a serving civil servant?

Mac0783 wrote: »
    What's the average notice period to give to your current department when you're a serving civil servant?

4/5 weeks... roughly:cool:

CZ 453 wrote: »
    They are in the top 20 for Cork.

:eek::eek:

So I take it, if you are in the top 20 of the Law panel (basing on the assumption its a national one as they didn't say anything about location) surely that means one would be expecting a call for cork..... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭barryos1505

Is there many waiting on Limerick? I missed out on being called for Batch 1 but have now been called for Batch 2, trying to decide whether it is worth going through with the interview if there is no chance of a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GoggleWoggle

Is there many waiting on Limerick? I missed out on being called for Batch 1 but have now been called for Batch 2, trying to decide whether it is worth going through with the interview if there is no chance of a job.

Not sure, I am in the top 15 on the panel and I had picked Limerick for location. Haven't heard anything..

I don't understand why some people have got offers while others haven't so much as got an email

You won't hear anything unless they reach your number on the panel. The panels are then set nationally in order of stream.(i.e. Law stream, accounting stream, Data analysis stream).

So let's say Mayo is calling. They have a panel for each stream(set from the national panel). So Mayo may only need people in the Law stream and only call what they need from that stream. That's the way I see it anyway.

You won't hear anything unless they reach your number on the panel. The panels are then set nationally in order of stream.(i.e. Law stream, accounting stream, Data analysis stream).

So let's say Mayo is calling. They have a panel for each stream(set from the national panel). So Mayo may only need people in the Law stream and only call what they need from that stream. That's the way I see it anyway.

Ah I understand that, just frustrating that we have no point of contact, like there might not even be any vacancies in our chosen locations or were we stand in OOM of chosen locations etc and we can do nothing but wait...

Ah I understand that, just frustrating that we have no point of contact, like there might not even be any vacancies in our chosen locations or were we stand in OOM of chosen locations etc and we can do nothing but wait...

Panel waiting is the worst thing about going for public jobs. It's like buying a house. The more you set your heart on the house/job the worse it is in the bidding/waiting process.

Panel waiting is the worst thing about going for public jobs. It's like buying a house. The more you set your heart on the house/job the worse it is in the bidding/waiting process.

That's exactly how I feel today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ConfusedBlue

No.27 on accounting panel and was offered Wexford yesterday evening. Had to decline as commute was too much,best of luck to whoever takes up this role. Fingers crossed my preferred choice still comes through!

No.27 on accounting panel and was offered Wexford yesterday evening. Had to decline as commute was too much,best of luck to whoever takes up this role. Fingers crossed my preferred choice still comes through!

Sorry to hear that, did you tell them what your preferred choice was and did they give any indication whether this would come available?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ConfusedBlue

Sorry to hear that, did you tell them what your preferred choice was and did they give any indication whether this would come available?

Yeah I mentioned which choice was my preferred destination. They advised I could decline this offer and hope for a call on other 2 picks however she couldnt say when or if a position would become available there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Joem123556

Hi,
    Just wondering would anybody have a copy of the booklet?

Joem123556 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering would anybody have a copy of the booklet?

It's on one of the earlier pages, I can't attach it...

I have been told by Panel Placings that there are no vacancies in my chosen location, which is terribly disappointing. I feel like the process was such a waste for me as I really had hoped that there were vacancies to be filled as per reports due to Brexit etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GoggleWoggle

I have been told by Panel Placings that there are no vacancies in my chosen location, which is terribly disappointing. I feel like the process was such a waste for me as I really had hoped that there were vacancies to be filled as per reports due to Brexit etc.

Sorry to hear that, where did you have down for location? Its not fair the expense testing and interviewing! You never know though a place might come up in the next few months!

Outside chance you could be called for civil service! It happens.

That's tough, after all the work and time and waiting. What location did you want? Something might still come up, the panel is open until December.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kriordan22

Hi guys, I'm just wondering if anyone on this thread has been offered a post with just a level 8 qualification? I do not have a masters or a professional qualification but I do have a first class honours degree and almost 3 years in the civil service... Is it worth my while going to interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭delricyo

kriordan22 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm just wondering if anyone on this thread has been offered a post with just a level 8 qualification? I do not have a masters or a professional qualification but I do have a first class honours degree and almost 3 years in the civil service... Is it worth my while going to interview?

Of course it is. I know many people who got this job with a level 8.

kriordan22 wrote: »

Of course it is...once you have the level 8 in the disciplines they require.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kriordan22

Of course it is...once you have the level 8 in the disciplines they require.

Hi Audrey. Many thanks I appreciate your reply. I had noted in previous threads many of the applicants who did not have professional qualifications failed to get through. I have a law degree as well as a level 6 in payroll. Hopefully this will be sufficient. I am in batch two and my interview is in March. I’m hoping to let limerick but from what I read the chances of this may be quite slim for someone in batch two.

Advertisement